The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2010 N/A on a Dyno Dynamics dyno with the Radium CAI, 2bular decat, Lotus sport exhaust, and Kold Fire EV290 tune.

The standard EV290 tune was running really lean (as you can see in the graph), reportedly due to the CAI. Phil and Andrew have already sent me a "richer" tune that should work better for my next dyno day.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
241 is not a bad number on the Dyno Dynamics. It is always lower than other dyno's out there.

Lets shoot for higher and to compare to most other's cars add 13-15% ish

·
Premium Member
6,752 Posts
?? Is that ~283HP? That doesn't seem good to me?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When compared to much of the speculation on the board about what my setup should be producing - you are correct. I humbly present my results to the community for feedback and constructive discussion about what we can all realistically get out of this car. Again, as Plack said, this was on a "heartbreaker" dyno AND my tune was lean due to the CAI. Since flashing to the richer tune, my butt dyno says maybe a little more but clearly that is not quantitative.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
When compared to much of the speculation on the board about what my setup should be producing - you are correct. I humbly present my results to the community for feedback and constructive discussion about what we can all realistically get out of this car. Again, as Plack said, this was on a "heartbreaker" dyno AND my tune was lean due to the CAI. Since flashing to the richer tune, my butt dyno says maybe a little more but clearly that is not quantitative.
The richer tune should produce less power, unless the tune was so lean you were experiencing detonation (which I highly doubt).

San

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think what Plackslayer meant is this particular dyno usually results in numbers 13-15% lower than other dynos. Most common seems to be a Mustang dyno. So a Mustang dyno likely would have had results of 272 rwhp (241x1.13). That's pretty good for bolt-on mods and a tune.

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Thanks interesting , On my tune I got 274WHP and the only difference from my setup to yours is free flow exhaust system. I can't imagine just the exhaust system itself will make that much of a difference. If it does then this will clearly show that the free flow system is a must for this car.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The owner of the dyno said that DD runs 7% lower than DynoJet, which would put mine right at 260whp and assuming 10% dt loss (swag), around 290bhp.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thanks interesting , On my tune I got 274WHP and the only difference from my setup to yours is free flow exhaust system. I can't imagine just the exhaust system itself will make that much of a difference. If it does then this will clearly show that the free flow system is a must for this car.
Yours was done on a dynojet, so what I said above holds true and you guys are making roughly the same power.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He would be around 260 and mine was 274, That's like 14 HP for the free flow exhaust system.
Soon to be 114+HP more ;-)

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Do you have any Dyno data on the SAME Dyno, before any modifications ?

I plan to Dyno my Totally Stock NA car, BEFORE installing my complete 2Bular Header - Downpipe - Metallic Cat set up. I'll follow up on the same Dyno, after the installation, and post those results. If I add the Radium CAI after the Exhaust system, I'll do a 3rd set of runs, to document what each component adds, and post that also.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you have any Dyno data on the SAME Dyno, before any modifications ?

I plan to Dyno my Totally Stock NA car, BEFORE installing my complete 2Bular Header - Downpipe - Metallic Cat set up. I'll follow up on the same Dyno, after the installation, and post those results. If I add the Radium CAI after the Exhaust system, I'll do a 3rd set of runs, to document what each component adds, and post that also.
Regretfully no, this was my first run.

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
I'm looking forward to see your 2bular setup. Can't wait to see how much power that system will add to your car. By the way did you already get the parts? Can you post some pictures of the system if you can.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
I'm looking forward to see your 2bular setup. Can't wait to see how much power that system will add to your car. By the way did you already get the parts? Can you post some pictures of the system if you can.
Most of my 2Bular pieces came last week.
The last one is being delivered today.

But, my system is for the NA Evora. You would want the even larger diameter version, designed for the S cars.

I'll post photos of the complete system.

·
Premium Member
6,752 Posts
Thanx Lynn. Seeing before and after runs would have resulted in a value of consistency. If its 13-15% low after, it should also be so before.
Not being a Dyno expert, any work i've ever had done and dynoed was on a Windyne which the guy says doesn't produce happy numbers.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts