The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Dyno results----my new Fiat has more hp than my 2-eleven

3K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  AboutTime 
#1 ·
Well, not really.
Nonetheless, Dyno results from today:
2008 2-eleven with 2bular header and the old CharlieX tune.

Only 228 hp, was quite bummed. AFR was rich at 11.5
It was 90degrees in Central NC and only had fan on front. Did not have air flow into each side intercooler intakes.

My buddy brought his 2008 Exige 240 overall stock except for the newer Koldfire tune.
240 hp!!

I did not have time to Dyno my 260S with Koldfire tune but am now quite curious.

I could have gotten better numbers with more air flow and not 90*, but come on. Only 228!!!!

Is this what you guys saw with the Charlix tune?

Looks like Phil/Koldfire will be getting some , more business from me.............

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

See less See more
#4 ·
I saw 224 with Cx tune on the older BWR charger. Does the 240 get 240 at wheels?

#6 ·
My Charlie X tune did not dyno well in the heat (90 degree day with high humidity) with my Exige S (2bular headers & sport cat). Same thing, low 200 WHP. Then I dyno'd on a cold day with fans running everywhere.......high 200 WHP. Same dyno. Gotta wonder.

I'm also switching to a Koldfire custom tune with a few new bits on my engine ;-) Can't wait to dyno.......

#15 ·
well the 3.1" will be similar gain to the 2bular header AFA max power ~20whp. Decat is typically good for another 10whp. This is of course taking into account tuning.

Overall the power looks good. I do agree it is more lean than I personally would expect it to be, but that is up to the tune/tuner. It should be far richer than 14.7 at WOT.

Most dyno pulls are done in the gear closest to 1:1 (in this car that would be 4th gear). SAE is the more commonly accepted correction standard.

So for the next runs for a more "standard" approach do the runs in 4th gear, and use SAE correction. I would suggest starting the run at a lower speed (2500 even) to get a clearer picture of the entire powerband.
+1

Does the lotus have enough power?
That is the real question.
that question is subjective, the real question is if it's correct. (the tune and if the car's running properly)

#11 ·
...as a point of reference. We dynoed a friends '07 Exige-S w/Cup airbox and Lotus Stage 3 cat back exhaust. He put down 208WHP. Back to back my car '08 Exige-S 240 w/Cup airbox, charlie-x, and decat pipe dynoed at 241whp to the wheels. Mustang Dyno. It was 68degF and 63% humidity. I think I recall these numbers WERE corrected for weather... I think uncorrected they were higher.

#13 ·
Overall the power looks good. I do agree it is more lean than I personally would expect it to be, but that is up to the tune/tuner. It should be far richer than 14.7 at WOT.

Most dyno pulls are done in the gear closest to 1:1 (in this car that would be 4th gear). SAE is the more commonly accepted correction standard.

So for the next runs for a more "standard" approach do the runs in 4th gear, and use SAE correction. I would suggest starting the run at a lower speed (2500 even) to get a clearer picture of the entire powerband.

#16 ·
Sounds like you guys had a mighty fine time! :up:

#1 Do the pulls in 4th gear. The data will be more consistant. THe numbers will be maybe 5-10whp more, but that's not the point.

#2 How were the AFR figures collected? A tail pipe sniffer or did they install the WB in the exhaust pipe via a the second 02 port or an additional (3rd) 02 port?
2a# if they installed the WB02 into the exhaust, was it pre or post cat?

#3 How new was the WB02?

#4 Next time take an OBD tool with you so you can monitor temps and such. If the intake temps are different from pull to pull, the output will change. From a tuning standpoint, it's critical to be able to control that... It's not as critical when doing glory runs on the rollers like this, but good info nonetheless...

5# While on the dyno, besides blowing air into the radiator and IC, you should have a fan blowing air into the driver's side scoop. MAF compensations do exist and the sensor can get artificially warm sitting in the hot engine bay with no air moving around it. We use 3 fan here. Engine, IC, Intake scoop.

#6 Agree WhatsADSM with above about corrections. SAE is typically a better scale.

#7 AFRs don't look out of line at all, particularly in a vacuum.

#8 Of course you made more power with our KF tune than that old recycled bit of programming. I told you two this before you even went to the rollers! ;) :D. I kid....sorta:)

Take care,

Phil

#17 ·
Remember to turn off your traction control when your on the dyno. That may have an impact on the results too.

#18 ·
I'm jealous. You two had much better pulls than mine. I'm that really sad dyno run in NicedUp's system.
And DocJay, your Fiat probably would beat my run!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.