The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,
We just dynoed our first Lotus Elise here at the shop. The car made 164 wheel horsepower, and 117 pound feet of torque. The car had 5000 miles on the clock and was equipped with the sport package. I will post up the sheets later today. We are hoping to get another 4-5 cars to baseline so that we can have a good sample to go off with our N/A package and turbo application. We look forward to making some nice gains on the car as there is a noticeable dip in the change over at 6200RPM that we can smooth out with some tweaking. Take care guys.

Kenneth Li
www.forcedfed.com

·
Registered
803 Posts
dyno pictures

I watched someone else dyno my NSX many years ago and was terrified. I thought pieces might come flying out at any moment. An engine at 8600 rpm creates a scream like no other and it is even more impressive when you are standing right next to it. The Elise at full throttle was no different. Amazing sounds!

The guys at Modacar Auto Accessories were helpful and careful with my car. It was amazing looking at all the cars they have sitting out front.

It will be interesting to see what they can do with the Elise. I have my doubts but they seemed confident they can add significant horsepower. I know I will not add a turbo kit and am actually pretty happy with the power that I have so I will be a tough customer.

I was surprised when my car made 164hp. I know dynomometers vary and are dependent on the operator. They were not trying to sell me anything. But I suspect that Lotus horses are pretty strong.

Michael

Attachments

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Nice setup. And a squeaky-clean tune/dyno shop? There is no such thing in SoCal! :)

Any chance we could get a higher-res rendition of that plot? It's too small to make out any detail.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Can't wait to see what you guys come out with for this car Kenneth. I'm saving my money.

·
Registered
485 Posts
what did you guys hook the straps to? I thought the car was not to be strapped down by the suspension due to fear of bending the lower control arms. would love to get our Elises dynoed so your help is appreciated.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi all,

In a two weeks time I'll post a thorough comparison of the stock exhaust vs Stage 2. Obviously audio, video and dyno runs (either on a Mustang or a DynoJet dyno) will be included.

The 2nd phase will include the much anticipated Reverie Carbon diffuser, airbox+scoops, and how they do enhance 111R's (=Fed Elise) performance. Possibly a CRP might be tested too!.

The 3rd phase will give you some insight of fitting a light aluminium pulley set, an aluminium flywheel and a kevlar clutch.

The 4th phase finally will show you the installation of either a Racelogic Traction control system or a LSD (I have not decided yet! Both could be a solution too !?! :) What do you think of it?).

As a desert (or the final fatality combo-kick :D), I'll leave the dry sump, the uprated suspension (still waiting for the fully adjustable Ohlins 111R solution! Mk2 Exige already enjoys it :(), Exige 14-spoke anodised wheels, Yoko A048 tyres, and Q/R steering wheel installation.

Drooling sounds, videos and, time allowed, DIY PDF will follow soon...

What a way to keep yourself busy till the end of 2004...

Theo

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
theob said:
Hi all,

In a two weeks time I'll post a thorough comparison of the stock exhaust vs Stage 2. Obviously audio, video and dyno runs (either on a Mustang or a DynoJet dyno) will be included.

The 2nd phase will include the much anticipated Reverie Carbon diffuser, airbox+scoops, and how they do enhance 111R's (=Fed Elise) performance. Possibly a CRP might be tested too!.

The 3rd phase will give you some insight of fitting a light aluminium pulley set, an aluminium flywheel and a kevlar clutch.

The 4th phase finally will show you the installation of either a Racelogic Traction control system or a LSD (I have not decided yet! Both could be a solution too !?! :) What do you think of it?).

As a desert (or the final fatality combo-kick :D), I'll leave the dry sump, the uprated suspension (still waiting for the fully adjustable Ohlins 111R solution! Mk2 Exige already enjoys it :(), Exige 14-spoke anodised wheels, Yoko A048 tyres, and Q/R steering wheel installation.

Drooling sounds, videos and, time allowed, DIY PDF will follow soon...

What a way to keep yourself busy till the end of 2004...

Theo
I'll be looking forward to your post:clap:

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
So Theo,
What are you going to do with all the spare time left over from doing all that!!
Wow, that's quite a job!
Chris

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Another data point

I just had mine dynoed today. I can probably post the charts if someone really cares. This was on a Dynojet:
Max power 166-164.6
Max torque 121.0-121.3
Now when I get time and the weather permits, I'll post the QS exhaust if anyone is interested.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts