The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was talked into putting the elise on a dyno today. Just wanted to know if these are good numbers.
256 hp 182 torque on first run
260 hp 172 torque on secound run

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Some quick questions:
1. Wheel HP or SAE corrected crank HP.
2. What modifications have been done to the car.

The cam changeover looks like it is still set to 6200 RPMs. This is indicative of an older generation tune. Your torque is relatively flat from 3500 RPMs to the redline, that is a strong positive indicator.
The higher HP on the second run was due to you running it closer to the redline. Your first run you let off the throttle at 7800 RPMs.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has a vf2 with 2bular exhaust.
I beleve it was wheel HP
Sorry had the car for a month now, on the cam change over should it be set at a lower rpm?

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
actually that square looking section (5k to 6k) is a characteristic of a lot of supercharged cars and is not the XO point. Looks like the xo is set to 5400. There's a small blip there. Or it could be at 4800, but I don't think it would be there. Stock exige S is set to 4500. Mine for example is now at 5200.

where's the AFR measurement?

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Here is an example of a Katana 2 (non-intercooled), with PPE headers/decat, HKS SRS intake. Smoothing is set to zero (virtually no smoothing), 5k cam changeover from a Katana265 tune. HP and Torque are wheel HP/Torque. Note: I didn't run it to 8500. Crank HP could be calculated as: (recorded HP) X (1/.88) = 261 HP; if it was ran to redline, the published 265 HP would have been achieved. Blip on the bottom end of the curve was me playing with the throttle.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
It is the "out of the box" Sector111 Katana265 tune, but with a different header set than the tune was built for. It is a nice, no surprise changes in torque, tune. The internals in the engine are rock stock.

·
Registered
988 Posts
addertooth, thx for this I'm going to run a dyno on my K2 next weekend. Ill post my result and see how it compares.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Was talked into putting the elise on a dyno today. Just wanted to know if these are good numbers.
256 hp 182 torque on first run
260 hp 172 torque on secound run
Your numbers are good but keep in mind that it's a dynojet so it reads much higher than other dynos. Ideally the middle of the curve would look like a hill not a skateboard ramp. The big bump where the cam switch occurs is a tuning issue and a cam issue. Just for fun log your ignition timing when the cam switch occurs. This will answer any questions about why your dyno pull is the shape it is. If you don't see a ton of timing fall off then have someone pop the valve cover off and make sure you don't have a wiped cam.

-Michael

·
Registered
988 Posts
addertooth I pretty much got the same i'll post some clearer pics later.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I didn't get to drive the car while it was on the dyno. I thought as well as many others that the car sounded amazing. I was hopping to see higher number. I don't have to much seat time and wanted to also make sure everything looked good

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I didn't get to drive the car while it was on the dyno. I thought as well as many others that the car sounded amazing. I was hopping to see higher number. I don't have to much seat time and wanted to also make sure everything looked good
I would suspect that that it does not accelerate much on the dyno, so there would not be a lot to feel. So I was referring to driving the car in general.

The sound affects the visceral impression, but also has little effect upon the acceleration per se.

I am reading. maybe incorrectly, that the sound and the dyno chart are more important than performance.

Maybe we all hope to see high numbers?
So how does the car feel driving it?
Is there a particular problem?
Or are the numbers the most important thing?

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Ulao,
Those are some good numbers for the Mods you have listed; you should be quite happy!
Addertooth

·
Registered
988 Posts
addertooth, LOL how could anyone that owns a lotus not be ;) Interestingly tough I'm wondering if anything would get me a bit more boost.

Granted I love the numbers and I love the power I'm making, Also I know the best option to go higher would be the rev 300, but is there another way to get an extra 50hp out of my setup. As you said, its not heavily modded at all. I know 50 may be a bit much to ask for without changed the amount of air I force in.

I should get the screen shot data today.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
I don't see you getting another 50 Hp without an intercooled solution in the mix. I read (roughly) 226 Hp from the snapshot you took of your dyno run.

·
Registered
988 Posts
yes 226, I was thinking about getting an intercooler on there but from what I know no-one ever made one for the katana. Would I also be correct in assuming the injectors for the katana are the same size as stock and can't be larger.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
The REV310 kit uses the MP62 supercharger (same as Katana series). It uses a Air/Water intercooler. Blurb from BlackwatchRacing follows:
Rev310: M62 kit with everything above plus integrated custom made BELL Air-to-Water Intercooler core, radiator, fans, pump, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, and Kold-Fire ECU Reflash. Approximately 310HP Rocketship! $5,995 + Shipping.

NOTE: Dyno Pic Rev 310 install on a bone stock car with factory CAT and air filter!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts