The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my modified E153 complete setup for sale. This has been absolutely perfect for lots of years and all the hp and torque that I have thrown at it. This finished a couple of months ago with the crazy power of the BOE Rev X at 26 psi boost on E85. This is with a totally streetable organic clutch. This is the complete bolt in kit.
And this special E153 box that I changed the ratios, see my post from 2013
A few months ago when I had my big HP, low comp 2zz built professionally (also for sale) I put in a new clutch (the old one still looked great) I also had the gearbox refurbushed.
This gearbox I believe is a one off and is a perfect solution if you intend to build a very high performance 2zz that has immaculate street manners and is virtually unbreakable. Look at the size of those gears, it also has an integrated oil pump and cooler loop and a Torsen LSD
The middle two photos show the old ratios and then the new ratios. I have been running a ForcedFed engine damper with OEM rubber engine mounts. This has totally controlled engine movement with OEM NVH. It has no harshness even at idle. I will throw in all I have with the kit.
$6000 plus freight from Western Australia
I will be removing this in the new year.
M

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I do want to move this, I still think this is the absolute best solution for a very high HP 2zz.
$5,500 and I will pay for freight from Australia

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone ?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is the difference between the C64 clutch and the E153 clutch.
Clutch plate diameter C64 is 211mm,

E153 is 236 mm

Friction width. C64 is 35 mm

E153 is 44 mm

This means that the bigger clutch is 12% larger in diameter and has a 31% greater friction area.

So this explains why with a slightly stronger pressure plate the clutch can handle all the torque you can throw at it with a 2zz .

The whole setup is still available to buy.

Attachments

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is now all boxed up and ready to ship. Price drop $4500 includping freight from Australia. This is less than half price for the poor ratio stock box.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sold.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts