The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Press Quote: "The Eagle is considerably faster than the Elise around the Nurburgring and more planted at speed than the Exige."

I guess the questions are;

Which Elise? All?

Does this also mean the Eagle is slower than all Exige variants (even if the Eagle is more 'planted')?

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
If you mean by acceleration, they mean the standard Elise. It probably accelerates to 60 as quickly as an Elise SC.

You have to consider the track location. Nurburgring. It's a very high-speed track. The Eagle will reach those high speeds and maintain those speeds easier than an Elise or Exige will. It has a huge advantage at that track.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I really meant at the Nurburgring, or even at a shorter track. I don't really car about 0-60 that much.

I was reading between the lines that the Eagle must be slower than the Exige around the N'ring or the presser would have said 'faster and more planted than the Elise and Exige.'

If you mean by acceleration, they mean the standard Elise. It probably accelerates to 60 as quickly as an Elise SC.

You have to consider the track location. Nurburgring. It's a very high-speed track. The Eagle will reach those high speeds and maintain those speeds easier than an Elise or Exige will. It has a huge advantage at that track.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts