The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Lotus Exige-S 240
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They finally totally re-poured the entire track and the full track (now 2.7mi vs the original 2.5mi) opened this month. I was there 11/24/19 for four 15min HPDE sessions - a lot to learn with this new config. Do not assume the section that is still like the old config is 100% unchanged!

Wow, I love the track. Way better then when I drove it last in 2012 when it was already falling apart. Back then they tried to fix it but concrete was coming up so bad in chunks that it would have totaled my car. Now the track is glass smooth and beautiful again and I like the new config much better than the original one. Everyone needs to get out there and get some rubber down on the track to increase its grip! This track deserves a re-visit if you have not been there after the Nov 2019 reopening. Keep safe out there!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Looking forward to it! Hearing nothing but good things about all the changes. I too stopped going because the track was just in such bad shape. I really liked the configuration before the changes and sounds like I will like it even more now.

·
Registered
2008 Lotus Exige-S 240
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been again and love the place... BUT... the track break in period is getting tiresome. Every time someone has an off they stop the full session (aka session ruined) and they have to tow the car off and clean the track. They don't want dirt on the track. I also of course want the track broken in properly or whatever they have to do for long term but I guess people can't control themselves.. there are a lot of offs and basically wasted money. One day I went for 80mins of driving (4 sessions), I prob got 20 total that day. I asked around to find out when this break in period might be done.. no one seemed to know. My advice to you if you want to maximize track time is make sure you only go when the dirt (no grass growing yet) is BONE DRY and no chance of mud. Summer might help with that. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts