Discussion Starter #1

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
wow, really? nope. didn't feel it.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Yup, felt it down in Culver City. It was a pretty good shake.

The weird thing is I sort of sensed it like two seconds before it struck, got that eery feeling something was about to happen

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I get nervous whenever I hear about an LA area quake. Be safe.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
it was too short! It was awesome though!

·
Registered
539 Posts
hmm.. felt it in Santa Monica.
seem to only last about 15 seconds.

i was in a restaurant at the 3rd street promenade.

it was one of those quakes when people feel it.. everyone pauses for a second (asses the magnitude) then goes back to doing whatever they were doing the second before. it's comical, and one of those only in California kind of moments.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
had an aftershock 10 min ago.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I live in Westlake Village and damn it scared the **** out of me since I was taking a nap. I immediately ran to my garage to see if nothing fell on the cars...

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmm.. felt it in Santa Monica.
seem to only last about 15 seconds.

i was in a restaurant at the 3rd street promenade.

it was one of those quakes when people feel it.. everyone pauses for a second (asses the magnitude) then goes back to doing whatever they were doing the second before. it's comical, and one of those only in California kind of moments.
Hey LC...

Were you out there checking out the Gumball cars?

There are supposed to be a few parties/displays in SM tonight for the Gumball start tomorrow. (Like at 3rd St. and the Viceroy.)

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hey LC...

Were you out there checking out the Gumball cars?

There are supposed to be a few parties/displays in SM tonight for the Gumball start tomorrow. (Like at 3rd St. and the Viceroy.)

i live near the promenade. so, i was just out having a really late lunch.

i did see a few people walking around with Gumball 3000 shirts, and it reminded me that the a bunch of the cars were gonna be on parked over near the pier. So, i did go check out the some of the cars. forgot to take my camera with me thought. ( :wallbang: )

didn't know about the parties at the Viceroy, until now. Probably wouldn't have gone even if I knew about them. Since, I don't know anyone participating in the event. :shrug: I went to a friend's house to watch the NBA playoffs instead. :(

but, regarding the earthquake... i have to agree with Shokwaves, it really takes something in the 5 or 6 range to get your attention, after having been through so, many small ones, and thankfully only a few big ones in my lifetime.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I was driving home from work and did not feel it. Family at home felt it.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
I would LOVE to feel an earthquake !!!........ Never saw a honkin tornado either..... I guess I live a sheltered life..............(not!)

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Well ya'll in NY have blizzards, right? Maybe a rare huricane? :) you'll like earthquakes. :D

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Well ya'll in NY have blizzards, right? Maybe a rare huricane? :) you'll like earthquakes. :D
Meh...

My apartment building is between two subway lines... every fifteen minutes there's more shaking going on than that 4.4 magnitude bump...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts