The Lotus Cars Community banner

81 - 100 of 210 Posts

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
damn, I never saw this thread before. Looks like something I'd like to try.

Hey Qball
How did this work for your S? Notice any differences, audible or otherwise?
thanks.

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Imolas54 said:
is there a write up on how to remove the air flap?
You don't remove it, like Randy said... you just disable it by capping off the vacuum lines.

I did the velocity stack mod yesterday :D

What's weird is that it doesn't seem to make the intake any louder... it *sounds* like the exhaust is louder! Very strange.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Bane said:
You don't remove it, like Randy said... you just disable it by capping off the vacuum lines.

I did the velocity stack mod yesterday :D

What's weird is that it doesn't seem to make the intake any louder... it *sounds* like the exhaust is louder! Very strange.
how do you find the vaccum lines?
what do you use to "cap" them off?

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
Running out the door now (going to Pasadena and maybe LuigiOrtegas!), but I will take some pics tomorrow when I get back.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Randy,

How did the EFI ECU work out after Blackwatch work on it in December? I think we'd all like a little hope for our NA engines. Would love to see dyno charts and a rundown of the engine mods.

Thanks!

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
Hey,

I think it is pretty impressive. I have not seen dynos yet... and we may not do them in this configuration. Robert asked Kris at DRS to stop tuning on my car until a brand new CAM arrives and we have it installed. And then they tune for that.

But in the meantime, the car is fast. It felt great at Streets of Willow. I know my laptimes were similar to recently posted Cup lap times.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
originally posted by Sincity_Elise:
What do we think about this intake? I have it on my NSX and it works grate.

http://scienceofspeed.com/products/e...FConcepts/AIS/

http://hopupracing.com/doraairscuni.html

We need some one to build one for the elise..
This type of thing has been discussed ad infinitum here (search function) and like the factory snorkel it would merely act to fill the airbox with road dirt much quicker, and possibly change the tone. It may work on other cars to produce dyno-documented power or butt-dyno throttle response, but on the Elise it's pretty much parting with several hundred dollars for the privilege of replacing/cleaning your air filter more frequently.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Hey,

I think it is pretty impressive. I have not seen dynos yet... and we may not do them in this configuration. Robert asked Kris at DRS to stop tuning on my car until a brand new CAM arrives and we have it installed. And then they tune for that.

But in the meantime, the car is fast. It felt great at Streets of Willow. I know my laptimes were similar to recently posted Cup lap times.
So I'd congradulate you on you driving skill since that would be an incredible leap in power to reach that of a Cup Exige. It's very exciting to hear that you are experiencing some serious gains from a relatively unmodded NA engine. Please keep us posted on the developments (dyno charts and goody list).
BTW what's a CAM :confused:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Curiuos

Have any of you posted dyno graphs of your cars before and after this particular mod and if so where can I find them. Also if no one has done the side by side comparrison I will as I have a Dynojet 248 at work.

·
Registered
218 Posts
masheen said:
how do you find the vaccum lines?
what do you use to "cap" them off?
Randy Chase said:
Running out the door now (going to Pasadena and maybe LuigiOrtegas!), but I will take some pics tomorrow when I get back.
Hi Randy,
Can you post those pics please?

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
Hang on.... First have to look to see which intake is on my car now. I think I am back to stock again. Be right back.

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
The stuff on my car is not really the same anymore. But here is what it was back when I first took off the flap control almost two years ago.

http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12335

emove both vacuum lines going to the VSV. You may find it easier to use a combination of gentle pulling and a flat bladed screwdriver to get the tubes to release.

5. In the above picture, you can see a "T" fitting on the vacuum lines. There is a small rubber plug on one port on the "T." The vacuum lines are either going to the airbox, or they were from the VSV. One line was going to the engine. Remove that line from the engine and using the rubber cap you just removed, cap off the engine vacuum port. The rest of the vacuum lines and fittings you removed will not be re-used.
I still have the VSV module zip-tied to the upright support on the coolant overflow bottle. It is electrically connected, but has no vacuum lines going to it.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Just completed this mod. I had to trim the side of the Intake to get it to fit on my Exige. Sound is a little louder but I still need to change the filter.

81 - 100 of 210 Posts