The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THERE IS NO PIN OR ANYTHING TO RELEASE ON THE EXIGE S. I gently tapped it toward the roof with a hammer and it slide off. All that was there was a plastic slide channel that was grooved for a secure fit. NO PIN WAS nneded to be depressed or removed.

READ ON--

So I have been looking through threads in fear of cracking my windshield on my new 07 Exige S to remove my rear view mirror. After reading, pulling tugging, swearing :D and almost giving up I decided a strong and tough approach (hammer and a dream). Now keep in mind I had an 05 elise a few years ago and the clip on the mirror was a pain but it came off a bit easier. Now here is the down and dirty.

THERE IS NO PIN OR ANYTHING TO RELEASE ON THE EXIGE S. I gently tapped it toward the roof with a hammer and it slide off. All that was there was a plastic slide channel that was grooved for a secure fit. NO PIN WAS nneded to be depressed or removed.

PICS coming later of the removed EXIGE S MIRROR.

Not sure if all Exiges are like this of if the changed it on the 07-08 S models.

-Peter

Q

·
0 Posts
Yes... very simple. this has been covered many times before.

No need to post pics.

Glad you didn't crack your windshield.

Post pics fo your car. and welcome!

Q

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes... very simple. this has been covered many times before.

No need to post pics.

Glad you didn't crack your windshield.

Post pics fo your car. and welcome!

Q
Where? All the threads stated to pull the mirror down and depress a release pin! Thanks, I have been a member for 2 years now :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
This helped me.

Im about to tackle this, And all i had read as well was stuff from a Elise and a clip. Using two nickels taped together.

So thanks to the original poster!:D

·
Registered
974 Posts
For those who are afraid of using a hammer, I didn't need to. It just took a lot of pressure and wiggling.

It's all good as long as one doesn't crack their windshield.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im Glad it worked out for you.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Not sure if all Exiges are like this of if the changed it on the 07-08 S models.
The mount used on '05 and '06 is different than that used on the '07 and later cars.

The early mount had the tab that had to be pulled down and the mount slid "down" toward the front of the car (some use the nickles to keep the tap down, etc.).

The later mount apparently has no release tab and it appears that the mirror needs to be slid "up" to remove it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts