The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After scouring the forums etc....my research showed that to replace the 2nd sensor you either needed to remove the driver side rear wheel and liner or fiddle around blind with the diffuser and service panel off using feel to disconnect and reroute a new sensor. What a PITA!

While drinking a beer, parts in hand and observing....no, I found this not to be the case. Remove the windshield washer reservoir (lift from bracket and set aside...no tools required) and you have full access to the connector and can see the routing on the far end. Release the cable from the two retaining clips below (can be seen attached to and following the shielding from the rear/underneath) and return up top. With the reservoir removed, cut the zip tie from its mount that secures the connection, unplug the connector and push the connector down thru the routed side where it is coming from. Since you previously released the two clips, it easily comes out the rear where you can see and grab it from below. Unscrew the sensor. Reverse procedure. Once the new sensor is in, wiring secured using the existing clips and a new zip tie for the connector mount you are all good to go. I was able to swap it out in less than 30mins with the car on the ground and not removing anything. Hope this helps anyone else and saves some time.

My current exhaust setup: Larini decat, w/ Larini Club Sport 6" above diffuser side exit, Big Daddys Garage Mini-cat (to tame that annoying MIL) with a naked rear.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Elysian Space Dust. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts