1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This has "fraud" written all over it! Item # 171265564057
Lotus Elise Convertible | eBay
BEWARE!!!
bids automatically cancelled, cannot contact seller, zero feedback, pricing way too cheap.
I reported to Ebay as potential fraud.
BEWARE!!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
$28k for a 2011...yeah, right. I looked at the vehicle report and saw Nashville, TN and thought "I will offer to drive over and bring it home." then saw that the last reported location was NY.

·
Back to the Future, again
6,201 Posts
I already bought it, y'all can back off now. He is on vacation and drove the car to Nigeria. I'm sending $5,000 for shipping via Western Union since he paid me first by sending me a check for $50,000 drawn on the First United Federal Consolidated Unlimited Bank and Trust and Savings and Loan Credit Union of the Democratic Republic of South by Southeast Rhodesia. What a nice seller... giving me $50,000 to hold as a sign of good faith that he will be driving the car straight from Lagos to Los Angeles to deliver as long as I give him gas money.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I already bought it, y'all can back off now. He is on vacation and drove the car to Nigeria. I'm sending $5,000 for shipping via Western Union since he paid me first by sending me a check for $50,000 drawn on the First United Federal Consolidated Unlimited Bank and Trust and Savings and Loan Credit Union of the Democratic Republic of South by Southeast Rhodesia. What a nice seller... giving me $50,000 to hold as a sign of good faith that he will be driving the car straight from Lagos to Los Angeles to deliver as long as I give him gas money.
rotfl

·
Registered
480 Posts
This has "fraud" written all over it! Item # 171265564057
Lotus Elise Convertible | eBay
BEWARE!!!
bids automatically cancelled, cannot contact seller, zero feedback, pricing way too cheap.
I reported to Ebay as potential fraud.
BEWARE!!!
Another definite red flag is that he only joined eBay on March 6th 2014.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Has the seller emailed anyone else this morning about the car? He email both me and my brother separately asking if we're still interested.

According to him, car is in Morro Bay, CA. Anyone interested in taking a ride to make sure it exists for me? rotfl

·
Back to the Future, again
6,201 Posts
Has the seller emailed anyone else this morning about the car? He email both me and my brother separately asking if we're still interested.

According to him, car is in Morro Bay, CA. Anyone interested in taking a ride to make sure it exists for me? rotfl
Hey, back off buddy, I already sent him back the $5k refund off the $500k check he sent me. It's MINE!!!!:UK:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts

Just ask him when you can come see it and pick it up? Then he will start with the scam.

"Great.. Well you see it's in secure storage in Ca and I got transferred to UK for military secure assignment duties. Everything is fine and good with the car rest sure dear friend"

yada yada yada....

Send me money and i'll release car to you or have it shipped to your door. Just do it by 5:00pm today, before I leave for a month and can't sell it then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts