The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lotus Elise Convertible | eBay
BEWARE!!!!!
bids automatically cancelled, zero feedback seller, cannot contact seller, price too good to be true.
I reported this to Ebay as possible fraudulent listing.
BEWARE!!!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Yeah I laughed at the ad. Prices on ebay are always 5/10k over anyways.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Lotus Elise Convertible | eBay
BEWARE!!!!!
bids automatically cancelled, zero feedback seller, cannot contact seller, price too good to be true.
I reported this to Ebay as possible fraudulent listing.
BEWARE!!!
Googled the VIN, went immediately to a site run by Experian. Of course it wanted me to pay for a full report, but it did share this about the car:

5 records found, indicating:

•Reported accidents
•Odometer inaccuracies.
•Title brand issues including lemon, flood or salvage status

·
Registered
31 Posts
Same EBay seller has 4 other cars listed on EBay with the same ridiculous low prices and closing times as the Elise.

When you look at where they are registered they are from all over the US.

SCAM!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Why scam a lotus? Leave us peaceful people be. Really, plenty of civics out there to tarnish.

·
Registered
49 Posts
they do not scam the Lotus, what they do is get your info and then start flooding your email and cel number with chats of all sorts asking for money.
Once I called a Autotrader add, (a too good to be true one) and right after I got a txt on my cel of someone trying to be a chick and saying it wanted to meet someone. kkk.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Is this guy emailing anyone else this morning? My brother and I have gotten separate emails from him asking if we're still interested at $28k.

He said the car is in CA; he's the second owner and bought it in IL. Has not registered it in CA because he needs to sell it.

I'm trying to flush him out, I've asked for a pic of the car with a piece of paper on it... with my email address and today's date. I've also stated I will not hand over any cash until the car is in front of me and title in my hands.

What else have you guys done to rattle scammers?

·
Registered
514 Posts
According to seller, its in Morro Bay, CA. Anyone want to take a ride and make sure this car exists for me? rotfl

1 - 9 of 9 Posts