The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
either many people ordered to make a quick buck or the elise abit too much car for them...if only there were cars that had LSS for reasonable price!

·
Registered
528 Posts
I am actually hoping this will get some of the middle of the list people that don't want the full LSS kit to buy from ebay thus bumping me up the list :)

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Enigma said:
I am actually hoping this will get some of the middle of the list people that don't want the full LSS kit to buy from ebay thus bumping me up the list :)
That is if your dealer will bump people up. But it's fair to say that the market is decidedly cooling off.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>But it's fair to say that the market is decidedly cooling off.<<<

This is hard to say...Ebaying brand new cars is not very safe in the view of most prospective buyers. I bought an early car at a premium and looked at Ebay but never bid on anything - too risky and uncertain.

The market should be fully settled down by next Spring or Summer. Waiting for ordered cars is likely to continue but with a more reasonable and mainstream delay time and with clearer more readily available information.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
agreed, mkt is cooling off but I think main reason for that is not because enthusiam for elise is cooling off but I think times are still tough...many small business owners I know say business still hasnt picked up much...I think with unemployment rates the way they are and with signs of inflation(gasoline, etc.) there hasnt been a true recovery yet...the stock mkt looking abit shaky once again also...45-50K for a "toy" is only a reasonable option for capitalist overfed pigs like myself and obviously you guys/gals too...:)

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
mact3333 said:
...45-50K for a "toy" is only a reasonable option for capitalist overfed pigs like myself and obviously you guys/gals too...:)
But if we continue to loose to EU economically (and Asia to lesser extent) we wont be overfed capitalists for long. Can you imagine what would happen to dollar if some/all members of the OPEC decided to ask for Euro for oil/natural gas they sell to the EU?

·
Registered
357 Posts
I would say the issue is more due to time of year demand in northern states won't pick up until spring...of course there will probably be many available at or near MSRP in spring, I would guess any "speculators" looking at the market are dropping off list as the "over MSRP" days look numbered.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
riddle me this, if almost half the cars sold are LSS, why is every single car being sold on Ebay touring only????...kinda irritating me cause I need LSS/hardtop more than touring...matter of fact, if it wasnt for the leather seats, wouldnt even order touring.

·
Registered
446 Posts
mact3333 said:
riddle me this, if almost half the cars sold are LSS, why is every single car being sold on Ebay touring only????...
I noticed this as well, and my theory is that individuals and dealers who always intended to immediately flip the car (or in the case of a dealer to sell it at market - not off the waiting list - in the first place) would not want to waste the extra 2500 on a package many prospective purchasers wouldn't want anyway. That 2500 could instead just be extra margin for them on the sale. I believe that the target audience for those immediate sellers collectively leans more towards people who want an image car, or the "hot car" of the moment, and are willing to pay a premium for it.

This is no offense to anyone who chose not to order LSS and are keeping their car. I just think that if you ordered the Sport Pack (LSS), you more likey did it because you are a masochist/pure sports car enthusiast like myself, not because you made a business decision on what combination of options to order to maximize your profit. For this reason, if you bought the Elise to flip it, you probably would want the touring package (I don't), maybe a hardtop, and a popular color for sports cars like red, silver, black, and maybe British racing green (since it might be harder to sell a kermit green or pumpkin orange Elise). ;)

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
The other reason you see less sport pack cars is because their was quite some delay in the first LSS cars getting here in the first place, so suspect significantly more standard non lss cars in private hands.
Chris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts