The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone is selling their place in line on ebay!Hope they get what they deserve....Get the part about all info having to be in by march 1st:D

Quote:
Up for auction is our place in line for a 2005 Lotus Elise. We have a deposit down and we are #57 on the list at the dealership. We’ve been told that all selections on the car must be made by 1st of March so auction will end February 29th. This is your opportunity to take our place in line.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2463043531&category=6312

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Tell ya what.... I'm thinking about making an ebay account and outbidding that **** to the end and then not paying.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Could also be that they decided that the Elise was not for them...although I can't see how they came to that conclusion ;-)

Maybe the dealer won't refund their deposit.

Although they do have some misinformation regarding the car being here in summer when they are #57.

I'm glad they are selling their place in line. Who wants someone like that owning the Elise anyway.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
transio said:
Tell ya what.... I'm thinking about making an ebay account and outbidding that **** to the end and then not paying.
Better yet - if I see them selling an inexpensive item in the future I might buy it just to leave negative feedback:)

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TOPGUN750 said:

Although they do have some misinformation regarding the car being here in summer when they are #57.

They don't say WHICH summer....

·
Registered
138 Posts
I want to know how he could possibly have been on the list for two years and only get #57. Also check out that buy it now price $7,500!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
ivan1 said:
Someone is selling their place in line on ebay!Hope they get what they deserve....Get the part about all info having to be in by march 1st:D

Quote:
Up for auction is our place in line for a 2005 Lotus Elise. We have a deposit down and we are #57 on the list at the dealership. We’ve been told that all selections on the car must be made by 1st of March so auction will end February 29th. This is your opportunity to take our place in line.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2463043531&category=6312
Hey what were you doing on ebay searching for an Elise anyway? :D

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I always check out the cars on ebay- particularly Lotus - I used to think about getting an Elan if I could find a nice low-mileage yellow one....I would never buy on ebay though unless I went to see the car in person...

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
transio said:
didn't you go on a long rant about ethics and morals here recently?

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
he's just THINKING about doing it - didn't say he actually would:)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
atyclb said:
didn't you go on a long rant about ethics and morals here recently?
Yeah, I seem to remember something recently about that as well..

I'd say that fradulently making bids isn't very ethical.
but that's just my opinion...

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
This one might be kind of rare, because it's an automatic. :p

The Chicago dealer was listed with a big number in the deposit thread. But #57 two years ago still sounds hard to believe, considering that I got #20 at another Midwest dealer about 4 months ago.

Where's that BS flag smilie when you need it? ;)

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Genjuro said:
Yeah, I seem to remember something recently about that as well..

I'd say that fradulently making bids isn't very ethical.
but that's just my opinion...
Not to mention that driving up an auction on eBay, whilie screwing one guy out of his money, will set a higher precedent for future auctions, and would thus be counter-productive to my cause. Bottom line is it's something I'd LIKE to do.... but not likely something I'll do.

Can't one have unethical desires while still pursuing the ethical path in life? Or are you guys just THAT eager to point fingers and call names? Should I start editing my every thought before posting it here?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
transio said:
Not to mention that driving up an auction on eBay, whilie screwing one guy out of his money, will set a higher precedent for future auctions, and would thus be counter-productive to my cause. Bottom line is it's something I'd LIKE to do.... but not likely something I'll do.

Can't one have unethical desires while still pursuing the ethical path in life? Or are you guys just THAT eager to point fingers and call names? Should I start editing my every thought before posting it here?
You write that almost as if you were trolling with your first post. Did you actually think up your witty response to the obvious draw before you first decided to post that first message?

Sure, one can have those desires... most people do.

And yes, you may want to consider editing your posts on a public message board that belongs to others.

1 - 20 of 292 Posts