The Lotus Cars Community banner
141 - 160 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,607 Posts
Yeah, Im trying to scrape up $97,000 currently for my Elises...I have enough for one but the other is going to be a problem due to some unforseen home renovation problems.

Im praying to swing both....but if not, Im going to have to sell one too and as Ive said before, I'll only be selling because Im in financial bind, so if I can get some extra cash for the car I cannot afford to turn it down.

Im uber stressed at the moment with only 7 weeks to go. My husband and I have been fighting because I decided it may not be the best to autocross one of the cars immediately because I cant afford to fix it if it breaks, but I had him sell his race car to buy these cars...so if I say dont race he's left with nothing. Two cars are stressful for me at the moment, thats for damn sure.

We were just arguing about money/second car, how to swing it, last night. I dont want to sell the second car but I have to face facts that our lives would be SOOO much easier if I did. In fact after seeing people selling places in line for $9,000!!! I was pretty close to placing the car on ebay last night just to see what would happen. Not only would selling the car for some extra cash relieve our bind with buying the car...ibut if I made a profit it would also relieve some stress by giving us a little extra cash for our home.


Chances are 100% that down the road, If I were forced to sell now, we would still buy a second because we do want two...but right now my money life sucks.

Im tired of stressing, Im tired of arguing. I wish I was a millionare. :(

We'll see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,432 Posts
Surferjer,

Well you know I'll be getting mine in late June and I promise to still come by and see you. I think though it might be tough to get me to agree to loan you the car to take that trip with your son. Regardless, if there is anything I can do, drop me a line.

BTW, if you really hate it that much, and I think you may want to wait to see it to be sure, I think option #2 is best.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,150 Posts
I'm happy to report that other posters have sent me pictures of BRP in the sun, and it looks like a different car! I think this color might be the one that changes the most based on lighting. I liked it in the sunlight! It IS metallic after all.

Bottom line is I'm getting the car anyway. I'm just going to have to keep it shined up! Besides, how can I wait now when it's been so long already? Come on June!!:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,802 Posts
Ivan,
Than you either have to unsub from elisetalk or crazy when all the people who get their cars are telling you how great they are!!:D

I'd be sure to send you several excruciatingly high res pics of me behind the wheel of mine!

Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,122 Posts
ivan1 said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2467079559&category=6312


The bidding has hit 10K :eek: and has finally met the reserve price. I have absolutely no intention of selling my car, unless I get an exige, but I am sure that 10K will tempt a lot of people. I mean you sell your car for 10K over, buy an S2000 for 10K less, and you end up 20K ahead... could buy a fun daily driver with that $....
One hour left. The current high bidder is also high bidder on some other very expensive cars. Hmmmmm....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
pinmagic said:
One hour left. The current high bidder is also high bidder on some other very expensive cars. Hmmmmm....
Although his/her last purchase on ebay was in Oct 2002 - maybe he won lotto:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
The auction ended with a winning bid of $10,100.

BUT - the winning bidder under their profile lists their location as Germany, and they have a feedback rating of 1:D :D :D good luck collecting on that bid....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
OneFastMiata, if swinging that much money now is tough, why not trade your spot with another person on the list? That way you get one car now, and can wait a few months to get your other car? Simply have the dealer find someone who will take what you've ordered. And you can specify that the dealer start asking people who have deposit numbers between 35 - 50.

Bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
I'm in a similiar situation to OFM. The bigger problem is my dealer does not seem inclined to give me a refund or to allow me to sell my spot (I already found a buyer but no dice). I will likely order the car, buy it when it comes in, enjoy it for a few weeks (assuming it arrives when there's no snow on the ground) and sell it.

I understand that the originally expected 2500 cars will actualy be closer to 1500 the first year so we will indeed have a rare and collectable vehicle on our hands.

Here's hoping my company takes off quickly enough that I don't have to sell my baby right away. :)

Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
transio said:
Considering the ambiguity of that ad and that people usually UNDERBID on eBay Motors, I'd say the high bidder likely thinks he's bidding on the price of the car itself.
I agree with Steve on this...here is the ad copy.

2005 Lotus Elise #4. Dave Behlman, the owner of Behlmann Lotus has promised delivery at the end of April or beginning of May 2004.

This Elise is one of the very first to be delivered in the US.

The Elise is a limited production vehicle (2000-2200/yr.). It is also sold out for the entire 2005 run and beyond.

This Elise has been ordered with the Sport Package, fully adjustable springs, Aluminum Alloy wheels, Yokohoma tires (specifically designed to give the Elise better grip), removable hard top(ordered with the car to get the perfect color match), and leather interior. I did not order the touring package because it adds about 34 extra pounds and weight is the enemy of speed.

For additional information on the Lotus Elise, please check out the following links:

Road and Track test article of prototype vs. High-end sports cars.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=31&article_id=221&page_number=1

Road and Track First Drive

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=6&article_id=868&page_number=1

Autoweek Cover Article

http://www.autoweek.com/search/sear...46&Search_Type=STD&Search_ID=1995939&record=4

Car and Driver autoshow report with pictures

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?intAsvPageCurrent=3&section_id=31&article_id=7658

If you would like more information, please E-mail me. I can direct you to Elise websites, aftermarket products or additional information. My email is [email protected]

This is a once in a lifetime event to own an exotic at a good price. 2006-2007 Elises will have significantly higher price due to devaluation of the dollar vs. the pound as well as a US mandated redisign to raise the headlights to meet US standards(not pretty).

You are bidding on the right to buy this car at MSRP, and the bid also includes the $500 deposit that I used to secure the postition.

Good luck and happy bidding!



Vehicle Condition

This vehicle is in as new condition.


Terms of Sale

I would like a $500.00 deposit by PayPal within 48 hours of listing close. I will accept the balance upon completion of the paperwork to transfer my spot to you.

:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
Patricko said:
2005 Lotus Elise #4. Dave Behlman, the owner of Behlmann Lotus has promised delivery at the end of April or beginning of May 2004.
If I had a deposit at Behlmann Lotus I think I would be giving a Dave a call to tell him how I felt about this...:mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
I just want to speak for myself. The reason I put my spot up for sale is two-fold. First, I just lost my job and am now starting my own business. Money is tight right now and by selling this spot I can do some advertising for my business and get it off the ground. Second, what I really want is an Exige, and by selling my spot, Iwill have $$$ for an Exige deposit. So, for the time being I am without a car to track, but with luck and a little hard work, I can pay cash for the Exige when it comes out.

I did also check with Dave Behlmann before I placed this spot up for sale and he had no problems with it. I agreed with him when he said I will be sorry when I sell it--BUT I would rather sell it than have it repoed when I couldn't make the payment.

Thanks for the concern, and I hope the person that bid on it realizes it is the right to buy the car. That is why I put my e-mail on there was for questions. I know you guys don't like the idea of me selling my spot, but I don't like the idea of not autocrossing the best handling car ever.

So, if I am doing the wrong thing, please let me know.
Chuck-Frank
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,607 Posts
rtking said:
OneFastMiata, if swinging that much money now is tough, why not trade your spot with another person on the list? That way you get one car now, and can wait a few months to get your other car? Simply have the dealer find someone who will take what you've ordered. And you can specify that the dealer start asking people who have deposit numbers between 35 - 50.

Bob
Because I already ordered both cars. So I have to find someone who wants what I ordered. I dont think the dealer wants to mess around trying to find people to buy my car. Apparently I could sell my actual car on ebay in about 7 weeks and get quite a premium for it. I also have local buyers who know Im getting this car, wanting to buy from me. Both my cars will be here in about 7 weeks.

As it turns out it looks like I AM going to be able to get both cars, so Im not going to worry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
529 Posts
chuck-03 said:
I just want to speak for myself. The reason I put my spot up for sale is two-fold. First, I just lost my job and am now starting my own business. Money is tight right now and by selling this spot I can do some advertising for my business and get it off the ground. Second, what I really want is an Exige, and by selling my spot, Iwill have $$$ for an Exige deposit. So, for the time being I am without a car to track, but with luck and a little hard work, I can pay cash for the Exige when it comes out.

I did also check with Dave Behlmann before I placed this spot up for sale and he had no problems with it. I agreed with him when he said I will be sorry when I sell it--BUT I would rather sell it than have it repoed when I couldn't make the payment.

Thanks for the concern, and I hope the person that bid on it realizes it is the right to buy the car. That is why I put my e-mail on there was for questions. I know you guys don't like the idea of me selling my spot, but I don't like the idea of not autocrossing the best handling car ever.


So, if I am doing the wrong thing, please let me know.
Chuck-Frank


If you are selling your spot, you should really email all of your bidders and make sure they all know what they are getting in to.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
29,081 Posts
Hi Frank, thanks for having the balls to come on and explain your situation. I would recommend revising your item (see site map for link) and add that you want to make this clear that this is for a spot and your $500 deposit, not the actual car.
 
141 - 160 of 292 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top