The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To potential buyers that lurk here, I can tell you (I own a turbo car)

That this car

Is not TURBO as advertised.

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
It looks like a mistake in the title. No mention of turbo in the description. It may be too late for him to change the title as ebay makes it hard to fix stuff sometimes. He should mention in the description though that there is no turbo.

·
Registered
99 Posts
2005 lotus elise turbo...in the title.

When I got mine, the add said it had powersteering..still waiting for it to kick in lol

·
Registered
438 Posts
I drove two and a half hours to this dealership to test drive an of elise last summer. Last story short they laughed me out of the place because I was only 22.... (I bought a lotus else where a few months later).

Back on topic:

I think it is probably a typo because they dont mention the turbo anywhere else in the add... I think they meant to say touring because they mention that several times...

I would avoid this dealership ebay scam or not.

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
I drove two and a half hours to this dealership to test drive an of elise last summer. Last story short they laughed me out of the place because I was only 22.... (I bought a lotus else where a few months later).

Back on topic:

I think it is probably a typo because they dont mention the turbo anywhere else in the add... I think they meant to say touring because they mention that several times...

I would avoid this dealership ebay scam or not.
Boyfriend, who was much older than 22 at the time, wasn't allowed to test drive a Camaro at a dealership here in Cali due to his appearance most likely. He walked next door and test drove a 3000 GT VR4 instead. He bought the car that day. Then drove it to the Chevy dealership, lol.

I thought times had changed. When we stopped to look at my Lotus, the salesman came right up to us and talked to us and showed us the car, etc. Treated us like human beings. We bought the car that day. It turns out that we may have saved a little had we shopped around first, but we didn't care because it was nice to treated right in a dealership full of lambos and other cars that we couldn't afford in our wildest dreams, lol.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Now I have to wait to post my car back on ebay till this one ends, as it will look like my price is unreasonable. 10k more miles, and more money rotfl

Someone should buy this car, then sue the dealership for a turbo+install :cool:

·
Registered
438 Posts
I haven't been to a dealership much since then except where I went to look at the new Mazda 6. I thought, well I'll drive the lotus, that should show them I am not a tire kicker.

I walked around one, got in and out of it several times, spent about 20 minutes there without attention. I am sure there could be a number of reasons for this but it would be nice to get the attention just once for me.

I guess I should walk around scion dealer or soemthing, im sure I would get service then. :cool:

Boyfriend, who was much older than 22 at the time, wasn't allowed to test drive a Camaro at a dealership here in Cali due to his appearance most likely. He walked next door and test drove a 3000 GT VR4 instead. He bought the car that day. Then drove it to the Chevy dealership, lol.

I thought times had changed. When we stopped to look at my Lotus, the salesman came right up to us and talked to us and showed us the car, etc. Treated us like human beings. We bought the car that day. It turns out that we may have saved a little had we shopped around first, but we didn't care because it was nice to treated right in a dealership full of lambos and other cars that we couldn't afford in our wildest dreams, lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts