The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Vendor
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here at EBC Brakes we like to give car enthusiasts the chance of winning one free set of pads (front or rear). One randomly selected forum member can choose any pad from our entire range.

In past giveaways We have discussed our first cars, garage and storage spaces, famous people we have met or would like to have met and weird and wonderful vehicles amongst other topics.

This month I would like to ask;
What movie would you choose to watch at a drive in theatre, and what car would you like to watch it from? (Let's assume the weather is perfect and you have the prime position in the field to watch!)

Any added details welcomed, i.e. what snacks you would have, who you would watch it with, and tell me why you chose this movie!

The lucky winner will be randomly selected and announced within a few days after the closing date of 1st December 2021 and details will be posted on this forum within a few days of the closing date.

Please be aware that this thread may appear in more than one section on the forum and one winner will be selected from the whole forum, not a winner per thread.
Pad choice will be based on availability and where a chosen pad is unavailable, an alternative will be offered.

If you are not the lucky winner, remember EBC Brakes are pleased to be able to offer a 10% discount off their braking products to all members of the forum community using code FORUM10USER
This discount code can be redeemed at EBC Brakes Direct | EBC Brake Pads | EBC Brake Discs or with our USA partners at Perfect Brakes | EBC Brake Pads | EBC Rotors

Any questions or application issues please let us know.

GOOD LUCK………

EBC Brakes’ Range of High-Performance Automotive Braking Products

When it comes to performance aftermarket braking components, there aren’t many names that are embedded as deeply into the scene as EBC Brakes.

EBC Brakes is an independently owned and managed brake manufacturer, employing over 400 people across the UK and US, and produces the world’s largest range of brake pads and discs for virtually anything with wheels.

Supplying some of the best-selling ranges of brake discs and pads for the majority of cars, EBC Brakes is a solid choice when it comes to improving your stopping power.

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
Ok.... I just won the Oct giveaway so I would assume this post does not count in the Nov giveaway but these are fun so I'm posting.

My son and I actually watched Wonder Woman and Space Jam on two separate nights at a "mobile drive-in theater" in a local Walmart parking lot at the beginning of the COVID debacle while sitting in the Elise with the top off. We were provided with free movies and a huge bag of snacks and drinks for each of us each night. I would do that again just for the experience of time with my young son. He was still in the single digit age range and really liked Space Jam. When I asked him about Wonder Woman, all he said was "she's hot." Of course, my wife smacked me when he said that.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Would back my Mercedes van up the mound and open the barn doors. There's a comfy mattress that goes in there as well. Probably prefer to do it with ex-wife number 1 as he was up for anything. Which movie? Couldn't say but horror and scifi always worked well for a drive-in
Property Wood Interior design House Curtain

. Unfortunately there's no such theaters within driving distance.

·
Vendor
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would back my Mercedes van up the mound and open the barn doors. There's a comfy mattress that goes in there as well. Probably prefer to do it with ex-wife number 1 as he was up for anything. Which movie? Couldn't say but horror and scifi always worked well for a drive-in View attachment 1301630
. Unfortunately there's no such theaters within driving distance.
That looks like quite the setup!

·
Registered
1960 AH Bugeye Sprite, 1959 AH 3000, 2008 Elise SC
48 Posts
My 2013 F-150, backed in with my wide recliner just big enough for two of us to comfortably fit. Has to be a drama as action/adventure loses it without surround sound. I'm going with a relaunch of ET which I saw with my parents at the drive in when it first came out. Would love to recreate that. Nothing like extra butter on the popcorn - no fancy tailgating.

·
Vendor
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My 2013 F-150, backed in with my wide recliner just big enough for two of us to comfortably fit. Has to be a drama as action/adventure loses it without surround sound. I'm going with a relaunch of ET which I saw with my parents at the drive in when it first came out. Would love to recreate that. Nothing like extra butter on the popcorn - no fancy tailgating.
Sounds comfortable! You cant beat butter popcorn

·
Vendor
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Boy does this bring back some memories. I grew up in the east end of Toronto and just east of there we had two Drive-ins that were right across the street from each other. There is a mall there now. For nostalgia I’d go back in my Mom’s 1972 Pinto station wagon and back it into the spot with the rear door open for a full panoramic screen view. For some reason I’d like to see the original Star Wars movie and just the popcorn and a coke for snacks. The simple pleasures and memories are sometimes the best.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Back in 1964 I wouldn't been caught dead in a 1961 Nash Metro, but NOW I could go back with Mr. Peabody and I would definitely take back my Metro, get my steady girl and head out to see American Graffiti at the Cincinnati Twin Drive Inn. Of course, buttered popcorn, Jujubes, and Chocolate Covered Rasins.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Cloud

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Yes, I know that American Graffiti didn't could out until 1973 but it fits and with Mr. Peabody's time machine, I can take some liberty. If not then I might choose the double feature of "Goldfinger" along with "A Hard Day's Night."

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
I just found some pics from this Walmart parking lot mobile drive in we went to. We brought nothing to this movie. All of the food and drinks were provided by Walmart.

Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle

Bottle Liquid Hood Automotive lighting Light

·
Vendor
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Boy does this bring back some memories. I grew up in the east end of Toronto and just east of there we had two Drive-ins that were right across the street from each other. There is a mall there now. For nostalgia I’d go back in my Mom’s 1972 Pinto station wagon and back it into the spot with the rear door open for a full panoramic screen view. For some reason I’d like to see the original Star Wars movie and just the popcorn and a coke for snacks. The simple pleasures and memories are sometimes the best.
You cant beat the classics!

·
Vendor
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts