The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried these for track on my 11S. Great cold, decent hot. problem is, every session they go a a couple of laps of grabby, pulsing ugly before they wake up. Therefore, in damp conditions etc, they never settle in. Brand new Ultradisc rotors btw. What gives??? I have run Hawk DTC 60,70 for years and never any issues. Pagid yellows no issues
Pagid Blues used to get substrate buildup from being overheated. This is closest experience I have had to the Oranges.
There is ONE big positive with the Oranges. No concrete slurry like buildup on wet rotors!!!

I did not go through any big break in cycles like I have done in the past as it was, I believe, stated not necessary.

·
Vendor
71 Posts
Hi,

Orange is not really our best recommendation on lighter weight cars and the car would be better on yellow or blue as we have experience of running these pads in Lotus track events and full race championship winning cars
Yellow and Blue are also fine for road use.

·
Premium Member
7,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
K will keep in mind. Inadequate weight is prolonging the heat up period? This was at WGI and I am an instructor so there were significant abilities to get them hot....busstop, turn 8 and turn 1

·
Premium Member
7,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Further info on the Oranges.
Ran a complete new setup for 2 days at Pittsburgh International raceway.

Supposedly don't need to bed in....NOT!! I had NO long application brakes for 2 sessions. Short stabs only , but anything longer than 2 seconds it was obvious the gassing was occurring at rotor interface. They finally came to life session 3 after I beat the hell out of them in session 2. Smoking heavily and stunk real good.!! Very inconsistent from that point on. They would be fine early session as any high end pad is requiring a lap to get up to full function. They were great for 10-15 minutes but then they would get very inconsistent and chatter (grabby) a lot. The first set of rears I ran did the same thing . Hopefully by day 3 they get their act together. Realize I am outbraking some serious Gt4's , GTR's, Vette Z06 etc so they are being used hard.
I know guys that have torched your yellows......Lotus stock pads had a more consistent life.....Ferrodo 2550's?
Only option left are the blues. Frankly I suspect the pad is NOT up to my skills far more than your light car reasoning..

·
Vendor
71 Posts
Further info on the Oranges.
Ran a complete new setup for 2 days at Pittsburgh International raceway.

Supposedly don't need to bed in....NOT!! I had NO long application brakes for 2 sessions. Short stabs only , but anything longer than 2 seconds it was obvious the gassing was occurring at rotor interface. They finally came to life session 3 after I beat the hell out of them in session 2. Smoking heavily and stunk real good.!! Very inconsistent from that point on. They would be fine early session as any high end pad is requiring a lap to get up to full function. They were great for 10-15 minutes but then they would get very inconsistent and chatter (grabby) a lot. The first set of rears I ran did the same thing . Hopefully by day 3 they get their act together. Realize I am outbraking some serious Gt4's , GTR's, Vette Z06 etc so they are being used hard.
I know guys that have torched your yellows......Lotus stock pads had a more consistent life.....Ferrodo 2550's?
Only option left are the blues. Frankly I suspect the pad is NOT up to my skills far more than your light car reasoning..
As from this year Orange is being discontinued by EBC as a race pad because of issues such as you mention.

it is being replace by a new version of Blue which comes in a front 0.52 version and a rear 0.42 version and is more appropriate for lighter cars such as the lotus/caterham and mx5/ Miata.

You have been a loyal EBC customer and do some good testing of our pads, we would love to give you a set of these new Blue pads to evaluate free of charge. Please contact me directly in the conversations and provide a mailing address if you would like to take up the offer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts