The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
I never tried the yelloe, in the past, I just tried the green and red, and was not impress. The yellow is probably too much agressive for street, if you are just drivibg on street, and not too hard on brake, the greenstuff can be good.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still hoping someone can chime i with experience with more word on the yellowstuff.

·
Registered
662 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Doug.
I also checked out the Tire rack and was amazed to see $24. front pads.
Their $80 ceramic ones look appealing. (I don't know if there's any drawback to ceramic)
This forum is so helpful. I called three local parts suppliers and none could even find a part number or equivalent for the Elise pads.
Dave

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Rob Dietsch services many elises in the area and sells them, so he may be a good person to ask (Dietsch werks) about fade, rotor wear, etc

I just put front pads on 200 miles ago, with one auto-x on them. I'm running stock rear pads. Good initial bite, but not too sure about fade (haven't been to track). Work fine on the street, but (warm or cold) when I BARELY push the brake pedal, I get a little squeek sound. I rarely apply this amount of pressure (maybe if I'm inching forward and slowly stopping), but if I find the sweet spot I can kind of keep the squeeking sound going. Minor thing... other than that I like em.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Oops, I mean EBC Ultimax rear brakes. The Satisfied Ceramics had a little more brake fade than the OEM compound Satisfied on track, but the Ceramics brake dust was not as bad as the OEM compound.

·
Stealthy Blackmobile
362 Posts
THREAD REVIVAL!

FYI...just installed these yellowstuff and i must say, they are fuucking amazing! Best bang for the buck! stopping power is superb! and i'm running "standard" calipers and not those AP brakes!

·
Registered
2011 Evora, Persian Blue, 6-speed
551 Posts
I am not "amazed" by mine. But the cost is good. I think braking is subjective...we measure based on how hard we have to press. I should be measuring by my 60-to-0, while in a corner, with warm skittles on the road.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I wasn't impressed with mine either. Went through the bedding in process and used them on street and track. There weren't noisy at all, limited dust, and they worked fine but not great stopping power. Switched to pagid blues and love them. They developed some squeal but rounding off the edges and anti-squeal goo in the back of the pads took most of the noise at slow speed stops away. Very good on the rotors and they work well when you need them to. Using disc noir rotors from sector111.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts