The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i bought a car wrecked that used to be superchargedi have no clue what charger was on it and i dont know who tuned it . i called lotus and they said they need the car to flash it... not a huge deal but the car is being painted and its all tore apart. the closest lotus dealer to me is in chicago(4 hours away). what i really need to know is can i get a 05 lotus elise used stock computer and just plug it in and be done or does it need flashed to match car. thank you for all your help

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
The ecu flash needs to match your current engine configuration. I.E. if you aren't supercharged but the ecu was from a supercharge car, it needs a reflash. Also, it is a good idea for the VIN in the ECU to match your car, some states get fussy if the two don't match. Other places besides dealerships, such as sector111, can do flashes.

·
Vendor
6,305 Posts
Fortunately, the 05 ECUs are all essentially the same unless it has an aftermarket supercharger flash in it. The VIN info in the 05s if often times incomplete, so that may not be an issue even in a state where they check emissions closely (there's a FW bug in the ECU as it relates to storing the VIN in the 05s).

There's nothing else about the car that cares what ECU is in it--- as it relates to 05s anyway.

We can flash any Lotus ECU back to stock or otherwise if you like and we don't need to open the ECU up like everyone else, FWIW...

Good luck,

Phil

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my stock computer is still in the car and it is still good it just has some sort of supercharged tune on it just dont know who did it or what charger it was

·
Vendor
6,305 Posts
drop us a an email at info at boefabrication dot com and I'll work out a deal to flash it back to stock or even put a sport 200 tune on it... Or you could buy one of our flash cables and flash it back yourself... up to you. No big deal.

Best,

Phil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts