The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:Hi All,
I am looking at a 2006 ELise, one owner elise with 4500 miles and dealer says they are happy to provide an ECU dump - This topic has been beaten to death here somewhere in different threads but, Can someone please help me look for the right ECU charecteristics and details?
Help Please!
Cheers!!
--njexpress:confused:

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
get a copy and post it. I guess you don't want the highest percentage of run time to be over 6200 rpm...most of the use will be in the lower rev range, not in the vvt range. Have you driven it? Nice low mileage cars (1 owner especially) are tough to beat imo. I'm betting it's fine. But you want the dump. If it's been tracked, it should show up on the dump. Others on LT can tell you more, but it's easier if you post it.

·
Registered
831 Posts
It will show you all kinds of engine use data, from highest speed, to percentage of time engine has spent in various RPM ranges, to throttle positions. You can find out if someone overrevved, and whether the car has been red-lined all the time.

Whether it's been tracked shouldn't be a turnoff, it's whether it's been maintained that's the key. An ECU dump won't really tell you that. I'd want oil change, brake fluid change, and tranny fluid change records at the very least.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
^good point

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
It would be quicker to post the ECU dump here, and listen to the comments. Or read all the other posts where people have analyzed a published ECU dump. The last approach will get you 90 percent there on ECU dump analysis. I still remember one posting where about 50 percent of the total engine run time was at idle. I saw another where the car had never exceeded 90MPH, ever. Sad Sad Sad, it is like purchasing a race horse, and hooking it up to a plough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts