The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am looking to buy an Exige S, I have the ECU dump... but am having a little trouble with it.

1) How do I convert Engine run time from hours:min:seconds into miles?

2) Does anyone have any other advice as to what I should be looking for on the ECU dump? Specifically, what no no's I should be looking for?

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
The (very) general rule of thumb is to use 30MPH times hours to get in the ballpark. Obviously this gets skewed if the car has massive highway miles, or only does stop and go traffic with a short commute. Bottom line is: If the speed required to match the milage is some figure north of 60MPH the ECU probably has been cleared at some point.
Posting the ECU dump will allow wiser eyes on it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hello!

Unfortunately the dump is no help at all.

Even if it had total miles in it, from time to time (after reflash) the dump gets erased (every dealer needs to save it before reflash), same with the VIN.
Lotus (respectively EFI) unfortunately didn't get these things solved 100%ly...

A few months ago a new update came out for T4 (2005) ECUs to (hopefully) get the VIN-disappear issues solved. After 7 years! :rolleyes:

Cheers!
Luke

·
Registered
350 Posts
it's a lotus. it hasn't been babied, and "weekend driven, never seen rain" is a running joke. that shouldn't be concerning. why do people insist on ECU dumps? garbage in, garbage out :shrug:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts