The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Arch. Project Manager
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently had some suspension work done including the addition of mono-ball spherical bushings. Long story short, the shop tech left the key in the ignition on the accessory setting so the steering was free and ran down my race battery. Upon jump starting the car off a battery booster the CEL ignited :facepalm. All the fuses checked out so I took it to the dealer as other code readers would go to read and would shut down and reboot, rinse repeat. Dealer tells me its something with ECM and that it's ok to drive, but to bring it back during the week to get it sorted. So what are the possibilities?:shrug:

P.S.: I'm very happy with the suspension feel and response of the car with new bushings! It is a little harsher than the OEM bushings, but definitely livable and overall better response.:shift:

·
Wow Such Admin
6,931 Posts
Same thing happened to Ramy up in Tampa.

His code was for the vin not being registered to the ecm. And it happened after he put a new battery in. Not sure what they did at the dealer when he took it.

·
Arch. Project Manager
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same thing happened to Ramy up in Tampa.

His code was for the vin not being registered to the ecm. And it happened after he put a new battery in. Not sure what they did at the dealer when he took it.
Thanks for the response Drew... I've already had the reflash done for the vin fix months ago and think it would be odd, but your guess is as good as mine on this one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts