The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering the ECU Master PNP Black controller from Monkeywrench. Does anyone have experience with this stand alone ECM? Thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm considering the ECU Master PNP Black controller from Monkeywrench. Does anyone have experience with this stand alone ECM? Thanks
There was a bit of discussion about this ECU in here and here. This seems like a really good option for people that want to modify features in their tune. Unfortunately I have not seen much info from any US users. Do you know if MWR has much experience making base tunes for this ECU?

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Reactions: dipan

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
These guys seem to do a lot of EMU Black tuning on Lotus cars and sells PnP kits as well as remote support via teamviewer.

Komo-tec seems to have started doing the EMU Black stuff as well, but I guess they're all non-US based.

I'm kind looking into going this route eventually, but nothing solid in my plans.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I'm kind looking into going this route eventually, but nothing solid in my plans.
I just went through the process of picking an ECU from various available options. It very much depends on your priorities. My priorities were expansion potential, near PnP adaptation, quality of software interface & usability, logging options. The EMU Black was on my short list, along with Haltech Elite and DRS's X2 EFI solution. The primary cons for the EMU Black, in my opinion, were lack of onboard logging and software quality. Having now taken the plunge with a Haltech Elite 1500, I would be much more comfortable expanding my search options to include Link, Emtron, Motec, AEM Infinity... or even MS3 Pro with DBW controller. Some would require fabricating an adapter harness... some could be done with an off-the-shelf harness. Frankly, there are tons of options out there.

I was provided a sample Haltech Elite 1500 ECU map from someone on this forum, which was partially the motivation for going with that solution. That said... I've changed just about every aspect of that ECU map at this point.

If you want to check out my Haltech setup, hit me up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There was a bit of discussion about this ECU in here and here. This seems like a really good option for people that want to modify features in their tune. Unfortunately I have not seen much info from any US users. Do you know if MWR has much experience making base tunes for this ECU?
Sorry for the delayed reply. I don't know if MWR has much experience. That is the sort of info I'm looking for. Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just went through the process of picking an ECU from various available options. It very much depends on your priorities. My priorities were expansion potential, near PnP adaptation, quality of software interface & usability, logging options. The EMU Black was on my short list, along with Haltech Elite and DRS's X2 EFI solution. The primary cons for the EMU Black, in my opinion, were lack of onboard logging and software quality. Having now taken the plunge with a Haltech Elite 1500, I would be much more comfortable expanding my search options to include Link, Emtron, Motec, AEM Infinity... or even MS3 Pro with DBW controller. Some would require fabricating an adapter harness... some could be done with an off-the-shelf harness. Frankly, there are tons of options out there.

I was provided a sample Haltech Elite 1500 ECU map from someone on this forum, which was partially the motivation for going with that solution. That said... I've changed just about every aspect of that ECU map at this point.

If you want to check out my Haltech setup, hit me up.
Sorry for the delayed reply. Yes I am interested in seeing your ECU setup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts