The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on here run or have run any of the piggyback systems for HP gains on there Lotus Elise or Exige? If so give me some input on wheather or not it is worth the money. Also what about a ECU flash and retune? Where do you get this done and what is the cost? This is for a NA car. Feedback Please!!
:shrug:

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
1,228 Posts
Search for kverges. He's a turbocharged lotus owner using the emanage ultimate piggyback ECU.

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
for the most part the piggy backs don't work well and are difficult to get "right" as the ECU is pretty tricky with its corrections. I just replaced a uni-chip piggyback with an EFI standalone last weekend. It ran OK and they guy would certainly sell it if you want it... But again, they're really tough to work with!

TP

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I have run my piggyback for about 3 years now - search my username for details.

A reflash is clearly more sophisticated, but less flexible, since there is no DIY option out there to do it.

Don't even think about a piggy unless you have at least basic idea of how feedback control ECUs work, especially the OEM requirements for stoichiometric A/F ratios in closed loop status or you will chase your tail in tuning or, worse, destroy something.

If you are NA, get Charlie's reflash.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. I might go a different direction. I was tring to get the bigest HP gains for the buck, but on these cars cheeper is not the way to go it seems.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
I don't think there is much to gain on the NA car, you'll get a little bit here and there, but you're really looking at adding at least headers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts