The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2006 Elise back in January and have had an issue with the idle being slightly rough, and a p0172 CEL that would pop up. I replaced multiple parts: the air filter, MAF, o2 sensors, injectors, and plugs. The cel remains. It doesn't always come on now, only when I take off under heavy acceleration. I've had the car at the dealer recently and they checked it out thoroughly, but they couldn't find anything abnormal. I also had the car smoke tested and nothing was found. The car I purchased has a Katana supercharger and was listed with the various performance mods online. I found a old ad (from a prior owner) for the car describing the mods from a couple years ago and it listed a Reverie CF Intake. The car has gone through a couple owners since, and when I bought the car it had the stock intake installed. My question is, is it possible that the ECU tune was set up for the CF intake and if someone swapped it back for the OEM intake, that could cause issues with the performance of the car? Does a performance intake affect an ECU tune? I've had a couple people tell me they think I should look into the ECU reflash, and wanted to know what you guys think.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The guy I bought it off of believes it has the flash that came with Katana. I just don't know what else to check to fix this p0172.

·
Registered
195 Posts
It's not our reflash and I can't have a look inside the ECU from here.
But I can tell that the Reverie CF intake has a sligtly larger diameter of the MAF housing. IF the tuning was running on the edge of allowed fuel trims with the Reverie without a MIL before, it makes sense the error pops up now (besides the fact that these CX tunes obviously tend to do so on the Katana cars, I think he solved it on some later revisions).
You should check fuel trims in general (LTFT and STFT) so you know what's going on. I would test trims at idle and as well under partial load ...

Cheers
Luke

1 - 4 of 4 Posts