570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone point me to a thread with ecu removal instructions on an 05 Elise
thanx

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how about static,should you ground the car or yourself somehow?

·
Registered
378 Posts
I disconnect the battery ground, take care in pulling the plastic slide clips out at the wiring harness before trying to pull the harness plugs free. The slides will pull out a 1/4 in. or so, and then you can use a screw driver , etc. to carefully pull the slide clips all the way out, and the harness will be free. Do a search, as there is a good LT post with photos on this.

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
what happend to your ECU?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok got it , dont touch the pins, upgrading to Katana2 so i m sending it in for a reflash turbophil(would have done the BOE but no M62's available)

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Is that due to production limitations (once they sell out, they are gone) or due to BOE's specific on hand quantity?

I think I remember I heard that Eaton was stopping production due to the TVS being so wildly popular with OEM.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
It wouldn't hurt to switch the alarm OFF before disconnecting battery too!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I'm also thinking of getting an ECU flash, but am worried about the electricals.

What is the correct way of disconnecting the battery and stuff?

I remember reading that if the battery dies, bad things happen, but wouldnt disconnecting it do the same thing? That makes no sense to me as how would you go ahead and replace the battery as a normal piece of maintenance?

thanks. sorry for being a newb. I'm just super paranoid about everything when it comes to my lotus

1 - 12 of 12 Posts