The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for options for my 2008 s 240. I want a mild tune like 275-290 crank HP without changing a lot of bits in my car ,only thing now that I have that's not stock is larini SC sport exhaust. I just added this and my butt dyno says I lost a little low end torque but maybe gained some HP at top end of rpm.. Plus I hate the stalling at the lights around town that the stock tune is known for.... So what options are there? There is the old kolfire tune that changes nothing. The sector 111 blade, does boe have one yet for 2008 cars ?

·
Registered
569 Posts
I was looking for options for my 2008 s 240. I want a mild tune like 275-290 crank HP without changing a lot of bits in my car ,only thing now that I have that's not stock is larini SC sport exhaust. I just added this and my butt dyno says I lost a little low end torque but maybe gained some HP at top end of rpm.. Plus I hate the stalling at the lights around town that the stock tune is known for.... So what options are there? There is the old kolfire tune that changes nothing. The sector 111 blade, does boe have one yet for 2008 cars ?

I'm waiting for BOE's Fastworks software to come out. Phil said they're working on it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Vendor
6,310 Posts
^This is true... :)

·
Vendor
6,310 Posts
Ha. Few things... :D

1) Not giving an ETA for black dash other than this summer is realistic.

2) Sector/Vf don't flash through the OBD port. They take the ECU apart and use the BDM port. We can BDM the black dash and have been able to since we started this... That's not hard once you have some of the basic tables/definitions sorted... Plus they don't have but a small fraction of the access (tables/definition) to the ECU that we do.. So I wouldn't say they "were doing this years ago"... Nobody, not even Lotus to my knowledge, has been doing what we're doing with the white dash cars... just say'n ;)

3) KF DOES flash through OBD, but that's it. Flash. If you want full access to the ECU, data log, live tune, etc (the things it takes for you or the tune make a great and powerful tune) you need what we're doing with Fastworks. It takes/took a lot more work to decode and deal with the encryption routine of the black dash and make it do what we want, as it's totally different than white dash. Black dash encryption is the same as Evora/T6 so that's good. All this work should have a wider market in that case:eek:

4) We're also rewriting (which is done for the most part now) a big part of the script to make installation of the software into the ECU more of a single click type of deal, among some other little bug fixes that take a long time to sort...

-Phil

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
You could always follow that receipe ! Looking good !

Vision Function Exige S2 Upgrade - Vision Function - Supercharge your Lotus

Vision Function is now our S2 Flash for the 2006+ Exige S. This ecu flash is designed to take your Exige S to roughly 290 whp and 176 ft. lbs. Our Stage 2 Kit power is now available for Exige S Customers. This is the ultimate kit that will take you to the limit of the MP62 for street use. Silky smooth power delivery and gobs of power of tap make A few items are required to make this possible.

*Required: Not Included*

Walbro 255 Lph Pump ( 50$ ebay )

RC 550cc Injectors ( 350$ ebay )

3.0 Supercharger Pulley and Belt ( 195$ with shorter belt thru RLS website )

and of Course our Flash ( 550$ )

With this kit you have officially been supercharged!

Optional but recommanded : RLS Intercooler , Intake , Catback

·
Registered
369 Posts
Bump anything new yet on the BOE black dash tune??
I'm ALSO waiting for BOE's Fastworks software to come out. I had a great conversation with Phil last week and he said they're still working on it and they hope to have it out by the end of the year. YIPPEE! Hope that's true as I've been waiting for a LONG time....but I believe "good things come to those who wait". :nanner:

·
Vendor
6,310 Posts
I hear ya guys... October should be a productive month... I know it's hard to follow our development over the years, but most of development is/was done/completed between october and February.

Once spring hits, the world gets hectic until late September when track season dies down.

:up:

Phil

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,674 Posts
Well I won't rub it in you 08guys faces with a lust evoking dyno plot showing you what your waiting for...

I guess it is like chocolate or having sex with a very beautiful woman. If you have never had it you won't know what your missing! but I do... heh

·
Registered
85 Posts
Watching this thread...

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Another one in the waiting list...
Horsepower gains for S240 and S260 should be less than what we have seen in white dash cars I´m guessing. But datalogging will be nice.
Overall power should be the same unless hardware is added. The difference in power between 220-240-260 was all done at the ECU from what I've read.

San

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Depends on HP desired... I was talking with a guy has a 2008 Exige s240 at log and he got a koldfire tune for his a while ago changing headers intercooler and intake ..pulls harder than mine for sure... Nobody seems to sell the koldfire exige tune still ...

1 - 20 of 86 Posts