The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Tire abuser
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a '06 Elise a few months ago (really love it!). The original owner had supercharged it with the Tripoint kit. I believe that is the MP62 and it is running an Xede piggyback setup.

In the last week I have experienced some stumbling/stalling around 3,500 - 4,000 RPM. It seems to go away at higher RPMs but is pretty bad in that range. I guess it could be something else....but this happens wet or dry without any other common theme so the ECU setup seems suspect to me. The car starts and idles fine. Also, I know this is an early solution for Elise supercharging and there may be a better option now.

I am mechanical.... but not knowledgeable about the electronics and wiring part of modern motors. Since this unit is piggyback, can I just eliminate it and get my stock unit re-flashed? How hard would that be and what are the dangers? I autocross the car and may track it some. Horsepower IS important to me, but probably third behind passing emissions inspections and reliability. Should I just find a local tuner to do this?

Advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Yes, the stock ECU can be re-tuned and you could remove your piggyback system. Ask Jermaine at VF what he can do for you.

Otherwise you can go standalone for a few grands.

·
Tire abuser
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the stock ECU can be re-tuned and you could remove your piggyback system. Ask Jermaine at VF what he can do for you.

Otherwise you can go standalone for a few grands.
Thanks Noxx!

I will give Jermaine a call.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts