The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone have a ECU with at least 2 mapping and can switch them in a fly by switch.

We need this badly in HK as Cops here always tow loud exhaust for inspection. :facepalm

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Loud exhaust is going to be loud no matter what. Maybe get a larger muffler?

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
I think the noise depends on your foot HK.........

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cops stop you then:
- Humm, your car is pretty loud, I think.
- Please press the gas paddle to reach 3000rpm.
- Hummm. It's a kind of loud.
- I think you have illegal modification.
- Please step out of the car.

My friend was stopped when he drove by a cop. He was stopped and car was pounded.

·
Registered
50 Posts
In my old car world of Supras people would use cut outs and electronic bypass from time to time. It's used a lot in the domestic market as well. The biggest problem is you have to have the space for two exhaust routings. The valves used to leak but they are pretty good now and don't leak. If you want I can find what brand people are using now as a reference.

Here's a thread for starters.
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?525346-SP-Boost-Actuated-Exhaust-Cutout

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In my old car world of Supras people would use cut outs and electronic bypass from time to time. It's used a lot in the domestic market as well. The biggest problem is you have to have the space for two exhaust routings. The valves used to leak but they are pretty good now and don't leak. If you want I can find what brand people are using now as a reference.

Here's a thread for starters.
SP Boost Actuated Exhaust Cutout

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks.

No need to reoute, just need to shut off 30% then the sound should be OK.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Cops stop you then:
- Humm, your car is pretty loud, I think.
- Please press the gas paddle to reach 3000rpm.
- Hummm. It's a kind of loud.
- I think you have illegal modification.
- Please step out of the car.

My friend was stopped when he drove by a cop. He was stopped and car was pounded.
put the car in neutral and coast past the cop. I used to do that with the loud exhaust I had.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I have often wondered if a cheap knock off 60mm wastegate on the exhaust would do the trick. Put the lowest spring you can in, like 5 PSI, and when you give it gas it opens up and can just vent to atmosphere or in the case of our cars, be a short bypass of the catalyst.

It would be the same idea as the cutouts, but would be automatic and it's designed for heat. Plus the boost reference hose would be relatively short in our application.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts