The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and didnt find really anything. I installed a SC sub i got from one of the members on the board here a week ago and it was going good but when it would hit hard it would lose placement and rattle so i got some heavy duty velcro and got that thing on there. It sounds great now but when i lock my doors i hear that EEEEEEEEEE shriek that goes on forever. If i try to hit the small button to turn it off it sets off the alarm. Also when that noise is being made the shift light (forgot the real name) on dash is a solid red. Im guessing its blocking the motion sensor or something but I dont see how the velcro would block it but having just the sub alone wouldn't :shrug:. So for now i cant lock my car :panic: Any help would be greatly appreciated

- Andrew

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
You did reconnect the interior light and it is positioned correctly?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Sounds like you have forgotten to shut something. Did you remove one of the front panels to get to the fuse box or something? It may not be seated properly.

The "eeee" means that the alarm sees a zone of your car as being open in some way.

The little button on your fob is your panic alarm button. That's why the alarm goes off if you push that button.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK thanks guys i don't know what i did but i just tried locking it again and its not doing it anymore but thanks for the good info in case it happens again

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks so much for this post... Couldn't work out what the hell was going on... Had just reprogrammed two new fobs and the EEEEEE Started
Make sure the boot is closed too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts