The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just modified my EEZIBLEED automatic hydraulic brake and clutch bleeder kit air attachment connector.

The Bleeder comes with a Black plastic clamping end. That end attaches to a Spare Tire or an optional Air Tank at a tire valve. I wanted to change it so I could attach that end to my very own Air Compressor. The instructions for the Bleeder state that the maximum air pressure on that line and connector should be no more than 15-20 lbs air pressure.

As shown in the photos I just pulled the black plastic tire valve off and went to NAPA auto parts and replaced it with three pieces that screw together. The end of the hose NOW plugs directly into a quick-connect to the air hose of my air compressor. Works like a charm.

Thanks to Tim Mullen for his earlier write up on how to use this device. And thanks to Michael (TheViper) for having the EEZIBLEED on hand for me to obtain from him...

Hope this is helpful for you Do-It-Yourselfers. (Like Me) :clap:

Attachments

·
Registered
403 Posts
viper got me one of those things too, i haven't used it yet, how did it work for ya??

·
Registered
284 Posts
Great post, I was thinking about the same thing when I bleed my brake and clutch 2 weeks ago. I will do the mod next time. I am also thinking about modifying the caps to fit my Miata and Scion.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Great mod idea. I'll kick myself for not thinking of it as I've used an Eezebleed for years. Have to bleed the brakes this weekend so I'll do that mod. Don't think I even have to go to NAPA as I'm sure I have those parts (except maybe for the barb fitting) in my air tool drawer. If you use this mod, be sure to set the compressor tank output pressure to about 10 psi BEFORE connecting it, full line pressure may produce an interesting situation (and mess.)...Dave

·
Registered
369 Posts
Where can I get that set-up before you modify it? Cost?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts