The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I was leaving work and I came out to this. First I thought maybe I hit something on the way to work that morning, and didn't notice it. But there's no way I would not have noticed this in the morning. (I walk past the front of my car to get to my office, so I always look back at it as I arm the alarm). It looks like while I was in the office, someone tore into it, ripped it, and repeated the process twice! I emailed pics to Lotus of Scottsdale and was quoted $325 to replace just that piece that covers the top front clam! Goddamn it, I can't have any nice s**t without someone f**king with it!! I wish we had cameras at work, like I do at home. I just want to unleash RAGE!! Who the F**k does that to someone's car?!! F**K!!

Attachments

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Hmm, looks kinda like an object was moved across that surface, skipped along as it wasn't pressing down quite hard enough. If that was closer to the nose, I'd suspect someone had backed into/over your clamshell, but that's a strange place to see damage like that.

Any construction going on near your parking spot? I could imagine someone carrying a ladder, swinging it around, the end of it then hitting your car and causing that damage...

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Were you parked behind a van or an SUV? Could someone have opened their rear door??

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
wow, that is too bad...

Imagine if you didn't have starshield.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Hmm, looks kinda like an object was moved across that surface, skipped along as it wasn't pressing down quite hard enough. If that was closer to the nose, I'd suspect someone had backed into/over your clamshell, but that's a strange place to see damage like that.

Any construction going on near your parking spot? I could imagine someone carrying a ladder, swinging it around, the end of it then hitting your car and causing that damage...
Were you parked behind a van or an SUV? Could someone have opened their rear door??
+2

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"

Imagine how much it would cost if you didn't have the StarShield....

·
Banned
839 Posts
I do agree it takes a REAL low life mother****er to mess with another person's car.. especially a nice car like a lotus..

remember the MAJORITY of people can't afford or enjoy these cars.. there is a TON of hate out there.. a TON

·
Registered
912 Posts
I dont think someone tried to steal your starsheild, if that were the case wouldn't they start peeling it off from the edge instead of the middle. I really think something hit your front clam.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

No I was parked towards the front, but that is a possibility, the way the parking lot is. There is room for a car to drive in front and maybe hit it with a door or something.

I dont think someone tried to steal your starsheild, if that were the case wouldn't they start peeling it off from the edge instead of the middle. I really think something hit your front clam.

Of course no one tried to steal it. That would be retarded. F*ck it up a little bit, maybe, but not steal it.

Maybe someone spilled Hatoraid on it.

I am thinking it was a case of Hatoraid!

No construction, but it's possible maybe someone hit it with a door, or some other object. But I really think it was the Hatoraid. It sucks because I work in a pretty decent office complex in a nice neighborhood. But there are some skater hooligans that hang out sometimes. I don't know. Yeah it could've been a lot worse, but damn, I've been going through hell with this car in the four months I've had it. I'll save those stories for another post though.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Where were you parked? Somewhere in Mesa? I'd like to avoid that area.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Ya, it looks like some object skipped on it. Sorry to see that. Some douche lost a hub cap the other day and it hit me, taking my star shield and a couple layers of paint off near the right rear tire. I figured I'd much rather be driving a lotus and care about the damage than driving a civic and not care. Sorry bout that though.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I beg to differ. When I drive my Honda (haven't washed it in two years), I don't care. Actually my not caring has gotten me two speeding tickets, with none in the Lotus, so maybe I should start caring.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Where were you parked? Somewhere in Mesa? I'd like to avoid that area.
Yeah, near Ellsworth & Guadalupe in a fairly new office complex. There's plenty of offices all around so I'm sure someone there saw what happened. I'm looking into getting a beater for a daily driver now. I'm sick of all the hassles of driving the Elise daily: Almost getting run off the road by huge SUVs that can't see me, having to swerve around people's blown tire tread in the freeway (I'd drive right over it the RX8 I traded in), the ricers that constantly challenge me to a race, the pot holes I try to avoid, but always end up hitting a new one, the squealing brakes (due to a half assed brake job by the dealership, (NOT Lotus of Scottsdale) that they're supposed to be correcting, but are dragging it out for way too long). Not to mention several other issues I'm having with the car. Don't get me wrong, I like the car overall, but damn, when sh*t like this happens, it makes me wish I still had the RX8.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
I will sell you that piece for $175 if you want to give it a go at replacing it yourself. It's not that hard.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts