The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am switching over to a wideband O2 Sensor. Kris w/DRS sent me the wiring harness for it, but am lost without instructions on what to do with the software. I figured I'd ask here, as I plan on finishing up the wiring this weekend.
Is it just a setting I need to change in the ECU, or do I need a complete different map?
Thanks
Chris

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
Going to need more info, but in short,

You do need make some changes on the map. Nothing huge though.
What WB 02 are you running?

Are you still DBW?

Are you running newer VVT firware?

ARe you doing your own map work or is someone else?

Best,

Phil

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excuse the ignorance, I purchased the car the way it is from a fellow forum member. I'm not 100% sure on the mods that have been installed, or the way things have been set.

AEM WB 02

I have the DBW Module

Not sure on the VVT firmware

I can make minor adjustments to the map, but was told I need the WB02 sensor to do the tuning online(Kris @ DRS was supposed to do this for me, but will probably go a different route as it seems he is very busy these days)

Thanks again!
Chris

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
Ah, Cool...

I see that your're turbo charged... Does the EFI control the boost on the car or is all done with a mechanical waste gate?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes sir, I am turbocharged.
EFI controls boost.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
man, i forgot the pin # too.. but its only single wire from the 0-5 output on the wideband.. hrmm, i'll try to dig up some old files..

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
I've got the EFI pinout at the shop... Can't recall off the top of my head which wire you connect the WB 02 to... Once we get that item sorted, there are a couple items to change in your map so that you reference the WB 02 and run it on closed loop opposed to the narrow band you were running... Back to you before too long;)

...Unless somebody else gets to you first!

Speaking of somebody else, Dave has the breakpoints and setpoints for the AEM... Dave, you reading this? If not, I've got those at the shop too:)

Best,

Phil

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
Also, go here: BOEFabrication.com | Beyond Original Equipment and read the first link of getting started on EFI (I need to edit out some of the TVS specific stuff, but that will help). The definitions at the end should be particularly helpful. The definitions pertain to WB02 closed loop settings, so some of the definitions won't apply until you get this setup...

Also, DL the new EFI editor and only use it going forward.

Best,

Phil

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You guys are great!
Thanks a lot for the help

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
No sweat. PM "Dave" to get the AEM WB table in the meantime. You're going to insert the entire table in your lambda 2 table... Dave will explain... I doubt I'll be able to get to the shop tonight to get the stuff you need.

You might want to look up Jay above as well. He's good people and probably pretty close to you...

Best,

Phil

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No rush, my car is currently on jack stands awaiting re-finishing/repairing(don't ask) of my new wheels. I just figured while its on stands I may as well finish the wiring/setup of the EFI unit.
The wheels will be done in about a week, so she isn't going anywhere until then.
Thanks again

Chris

·
Registered
750 Posts
Chris

I sent you an email w/ this info, but I guess it never made it to you.

You need to swap the Lambda signal pin from 5 of 26 (the smaller connector of the two) to 31 of 34. Then in the software set the Lambda Control from 1 to 2. Then in Data Controls you will reference Lambda 2, but still use Lambda Cor 1 for the correction %.

The harness I sent you has the connector to mate to the old Lambda 4 pos connector and a single wire on the opposite side. This is the wire that connects to the 0-5V output on the AEM module.

See calibration below for AEM Lambda meter: Copy / paste this into the Lambda 2 calibration.

Calibration for AEM Lambda

Breakpoint Sensor Cal
0 / 0.685
52 / 0.72
108 / 0.755
160 / 0.79
216 / 0.83
268 / 0.865
324 / 0.9
376 / 0.935
428 / 0.97
484 / 1.005
536 / 1.045
592 / 1.08
644 / 1.115
696 / 1.15
752 / 1.185
804 / 1.22
860 / 1.26
912 / 1.295
968 / 1.33
1020 / 1.365

·
Registered
750 Posts
also, DO NOT change your firmware or use non-DBW controller maps. This could result in a very bad running engine and/or possible damage to the ECU and your engine.

The new firmware developed for the SC and NA applications is specific to those cars and so is the wiring. You can convert to this by using a manual or stand-alone boost controller. If you do this contact me so that I can convert your map over.

New firmware might be available for the turbo cars soon, depending on some hardware options internal to the box. For now just use what you have already. Of course you are welcome to email me maps, etc...

Kris

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Just saw this thread, looks like Kris got the AEM data covered. Here's one I saved to the desktop of my tuning laptop. Better late than never :)

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally got around to installing everything :)
I switched the pins on the EFI unit, installed the Sensor/Wiring, and inputed the "Lambda 2 Calibration" settings.

My question is where in the software can I switch from Lambda control 1 to 2?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Spent another hour or so browsing through the software, and think I found out where I can change control from Lambda 1 to 2. Please verify this
I spent most of mine time in Lambda 2 Constants and didn't even look in 1. Well, in 1 if I click on Lambda Configuration there are a few check boxes. One is "Control from Lambda 2" I'm assuming I need to check that box, but wanted to make sure before I actually do it.
Thanks again

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok, decided to go out and change lambda control from 1 to 2 this morning.
Now the car just cranks over and does not start. On the laptop I was getting a reading from Lambda 2, so I'm assuming the pins are in the proper location. I didn't have all that much time to go over everything before heading off to work, but will when I get home. I went over everything several times last night, but it was late.
Any thoughts?

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
Would probably be easiest if you send your map to Kris or me so we can see what you've got going on...

Cheers,

Phil

phil at boefabrication dot com....

·
Registered
403 Posts
kris and phil have helped me out a ton...if you cannot get ahold of them, feel free to pm me. i have turbo elise with efi and aem wideband (bosch o2). i would be happy to send you a high altitude map to look at if you are above sea level too. good luck with your project, these cars love boost

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks everyone, I will email you the map this evening when I get home. One thing I did do was install the latest EFI software off your site(Without installing firmware, as instructed by Kris above) I used that to upload the map, not sure if that may be an issue?

Thanks again!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts