The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone call Eibach to find out if they offer different spring rates for the track pack shocks?

Lots of posts here but no part numbers.

I've called and left a message with Adam at Eibach.

951-256-8300

I've driven a car that had nitrons and the stiffer springs that go with them. It was a giant improvement.

ken

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
You should know, your shock valving will be all wrong for the stiffer springs, you'll have to have them re-valved.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
BTW, Blackwatch has stiffer springs that I believe will fit, but you'd better ask them:
Hypercoil Racing Springs

Not Eibachs, but Hyperco is also an excellent brand of spring.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I contacted Eibach late last year and discussed the idea (with Adam, I recall) and posted the information here on LT (when it was ET).

New springs would require revalving of the Bilstein shock units. Also, the springs require adapter collars to fit.

I decided that life is too short...it will cost too much time and aggravation tuning the right spring rate and valve set-up than it will cost to buy and bolt on a set of Nitrons or Ohlins, re corner balance the car and get back out to the track.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You should know, your shock valving will be all wrong for the stiffer springs, you'll have to have them re-valved.
I have the track pack shocks, they have adjustable valving, both compression and rebound albeit with a single knob.

ken

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I have the track pack shocks, they have adjustable valving, both compression and rebound albeit with a single knob.

ken
Right, you would need double adjustable, with individual adjustment of bump and rebound. Generally for stiffer springs you'll need more rebound with less bump force. Still, if you don't go much stiffer you may be able to make it work OK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts