The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rotfl

I picked up a Vent Cup Holder on e-bay from China for about $7.00 that folds flat and is pretty small. I wanted to attach it without glue, drilling or anything that couldn't be redone back to stock. I took off the screw that holds the center console, got a bigger washer and screwed it back with the holder resting on the floor. It's a pretty flimsy holder but with it sitting on the floor when opened it works great. I very seldom have drinks in the car so it should work out fine. Best of all I can remove it and you would never know it had been there.

Attachments

·
Registered
988 Posts
damn this is going to hurt sales for a few members. Nice find.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
this looks great...so much less bulkier. Thanks! You can probably even paint the plastic if you wanted, like a color to match the console or something.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
:facepalm omg...another cup holder thread...that said... i had this same holder, but beefier beefier in costruction, in my old miata. The girl's toy... :)

·
Registered
988 Posts
"the girls toy" Natalie does not approve this message.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hold mah Drank

Didn't Lowtush come up with some super swanky cupholders recently?

None of these options seems to accommodate a '40, though...

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
"the girls toy" Natalie does not approve this message.
i thought you said it was a "girls toy".... that's a quote from the other thread. That's why i put it that way. It was my car.
I loved that car. I couldn't kill it. Sold it with 300k on it for $500.00. Bought the Lotus. Natalie is a very cool name.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I was poke fun back, I knew what you meant. I meant Ayako, wrong actress.

·
Registered
988 Posts
yeah Lowtush makes one of the best and its dual. With options like 8 dollars it may effect him a bit depending on what the driver is looking for in the way of construction.

·
I Have Commitment Issues
2,911 Posts
buys 65k car screws on 3 dollar cup holder

I didnt realize we drove civics to tack on cheap ebay mods lol. Man why did we put all these man hours into designing a bad ass cup holder we should have just sold you guys these things.

asthetically it looks exactly like what you paid for it. functionality I think its a great alternative. price is untouchable.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
^ looks pretty sweet.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
^ that is the one i had in my miata. They work great for a few seasons... then.. pony up another $12. The OP is displaying the Lotus version, drilled out for weight. :)

·
Registered
903 Posts
I had the West Marine one also and then got myself the Darth Holder from S111. I love the Darth and yeah it makes ingress/egress that much more difficult, but it's so dang genius... A thin piece of metal, a racquet ball, and two springs! Unfortunately one of the springs sprung and went flying to somewhere in my garage. I just need to source some new springs at Home Depot I guess.

Edit: oops can't swear apparently.

·
Registered
988 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Should just figure out how to hook something like this up...

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts