The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
OK I've searched.....

Seems the Exise 12 volt electrical accessory outlet is a bit larger than the US version. Makes things rattle about, come loose.
Can anyone direct me to the mythical adaptor to tighten this up?

Registered
I've done the conversion and my stuff works great now. I can charge my mobile again! It only takes about 20mins to do it. I don't remember the Radio Shack part number off hand but I got the number off of here somewhere.

Stilling doing God's work
Always wondered why all the plugs vibrated out of the DC unit. Isn't there just a converter you can buy to put into the euro unit for a better fit?

Registered
Always wondered why all the plugs vibrated out of the DC unit. Isn't there just a converter you can buy to put into the euro unit for a better fit?
I've seen a rubber sleeve with slots cut out for the ground contacts. I think it came with my Valentine One, so I'm not sure it's available separately...

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Here are the specs for the two sizes:

12-volt cigar lighter receptacle and plug, size A:

* Receptacle inside diameter: 20.93 - 21.01 mm (median 20.97 mm)
* Plug body diameter: 20.73 - 20.88 mm (median 20.805 mm)
* Most often used in American automobiles.

12-volt cigar lighter receptacle and plug, size B:

* Receptacle inside diameter: 21.41 - 21.51 mm (median 21.455 mm)
* Plug body diameter: 21.13 - 21.33 mm (median 21.18 mm)
* Most often used in European automobiles, and sometimes as a second socket in American automobiles expressly for DC power connections.

Radioshack does not show an adapter in their online catalog. I found no mention of it in the Valentine on-line manual. Still looking......

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 9 of 9 Posts