The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone identify this box? It has a bunch of black wires that all have been cut. I was running wires when I came across it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately, I don't know about the immobilizer thing. I have only driven the car one time (about 3 miles). I discovered a brake problem when I got it home and haven't driven it since. I'm spending 6 weeks getting everything put back to rights before driving it. This poor thing is a solid car that's had an idiot mess with it, so it's a matter of tearing all the garbage work out and doing it right.
I looked up the CDL diagram thinking this might be part of that (locks don't work right), but it didn't look like it. I'll research the immobilizer. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Totally immobilizer. I removed all of it when I converted my car to track only. One of many pieces of that kit.

Is it still plugged in?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Remove it and burn it!

Then with the 2 sets of wires you have to join together (Fuel pump and starter motor) wire them up to some hidden kill switches.

If the thieves can find the kill switches then good for them, though they would probably just tow it onto a trailer anyway so it doesnt matter what alarm you have!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts