The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone familiar with the electrical connectors used for the Elise headlight switches behind the dash switch panel? I am trying to separate these connections to replace a broken switch panel and I can't seem to get them to come apart. I assume I need to push in the rectangular part on the side of the green connector while pulling the connectors apart but this is not working for me. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions for me?

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,732 Posts
You need to lift that little square tab on the female side of the connector with a small flathead and pull them apart.

·
Nein Kinder
1,568 Posts
Is anyone familiar with the electrical connectors used for the Elise headlight switches behind the dash switch panel?
This same connector is used on the traction control switch wiring in the center console of my 2011 Elise. The wiring is so short you have to disconnect it before you can lift the center console up to see what you're doing. Since I was working by feel only (I couldn't even get a mirror in there) I ended up breaking the thin section at the end of the female connector with a small flat blade screwdriver before I could slide the connectors apart. A second wiring harness in there had the same connector and it was extremely difficult to separate the halves, even with good access. I ended up cutting off most of the locking tab off with an X-Acto blade. The connector still has enough friction to stay together, but I put a piece of tape around it on final assembly just to be sure it won't pull apart. Connectors shouldn't be that hard to separate!

Glen

·
Premium Member
11,301 Posts
1. I use a pick for that tab collar.

2. I had to fix clockspring in column.

Geez, they don't want the airbag connector to be easily disconnected.

Stared at it for more than 5 minutes before realizing the push/pull tab.

Yes, am not that bright....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts