The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Uh-oh. After 3 days of heavy rain and wind, my headlamps started blinking on and off like crazy, then jammed on permanently. I had a look at the fuse panel to find that the floor around it was soaked.

Lights have gone off now, but my passanger side door is stubbornly reading as open - even if I force lock the latch with a screwdriver. And I can't get the window up that final inch!

Any thoughts on how to get the car to recognise the door closed would really be appreciated. Think it's going to rain in a few hours!

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
You might be one of the unfortunate few who have the water ingress issue.

If so it is a known issue and the dealer should fix it right now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2009 would you believe. No surprises then.

I'm trying to dry it out now - progress: when I close the door the window motor flickers up and down aggressively. Still not settling up and sealing though.

·
Premium Member
6,244 Posts
Wouldn't play with electricals till dry. Put a fan in car and aim at electronics to dry them out!

·
Registered
44 Posts
ny thoughts on how to get the car to recognise the door closed would really be appreciated
Open the window and hold the button for fews seconds, then close it again and hold the button for a few seconds, then the memory should be restored...

This happens, when the battery was disconnected.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I opened doors and windows and brought a small heater in. Within 30 mins, the door responded properly.

Certainly if anyone has any probs with the window you can reset by holding down the button for 3 secs when the window is at the bottom and again when it is at the top.

Think my problem was shorted electrics from moisture build up. Keeping fingers crossed that the problems disappear with a dryout.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts