The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
That is the unused Exige 3rd brake light, which is housed in the rear clam on the Exige, just above where that wire/connector is. The Elise 3rd brake light is housed above the rear window.

"But wait," you're thinking, "I've got an Elise."

That is correct. The same brake light wiring harness set up is used with both the Exige and Elise. It has all of the connectors used for both cars. That way Nigel only has to dip his hand into one bucket to pull out the wiring harness and he doesn't mistakenly put the wrong wiring in, thereby shutting down assembly for 3 days while all the workers go to the pub to drink and razz Nigel for another mistake.

The Exige has the Elise unused 3rd brake light harness dangling up near the battery.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Question: Why is that thought to be a correct statement?

Answer: There was initially some thought that the connector was for the rear fog lamps, however, this turned out not to be the case. It is the unused 3rd brake light connector. Verified by yours truly ;).

See this thread for the original discussion: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f129/another-whats-35679/

Touche....Yeah I got my info from that thread about the fog lights

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is the unused Exige 3rd brake light, which is housed in the rear clam on the Exige, just above where that wire/connector is. The Elise 3rd brake light is housed above the rear window.

"But wait," you're thinking, "I've got an Elise."

That is correct. The same brake light wiring harness set up is used with both the Exige and Elise. It has all of the connectors used for both cars. That way Nigel only has to dip his hand into one bucket to pull out the wiring harness and he doesn't mistakenly put the wrong wiring in, thereby shutting down assembly for 3 days while all the workers go to the pub to drink and razz Nigel for another mistake.

The Exige has the Elise unused 3rd brake light harness dangling up near the battery.
For a moment there I thought it was the flux capacitor you were talking about in my other thread. I tried jamming that plastic cap and spring into the connector. Nothing happened :wallbang:

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
nice... then i am going to turn my newly aquired "euro grill reflectors" into "euro grill flashy blinkie brake light thingies" !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts