The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Elise is right down comfortable compared to the Westie. The Eleven is street legal and race ready. A ton of fun. Gets more attention than Britney running naked down the street with her hair on fire. -eek-
Goggles are on order. Alain de Cadenet move over, there's a new kid in town.

100 hp 1275 BMC engine. Full race cam. Correct 15" wire wheels. Smith chronometric tach. Takes you back to Le Mans 1957 instantly as you push the start button.

111 + 11 = :nanner2:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
i watched the elevens when they first came out.
they give me sticky shorts yet!
lucky devil!
don't hurt it.
how the dickens is it street legal??
i'll bet it turns heads!
sam

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Very nice!!! Congrats

I recently had one on loan for a week. So much fun!
Lots of four wheel drifts on the track :D

Pic with my Elan

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i watched the elevens when they first came out.
they give me sticky shorts yet!
lucky devil!
don't hurt it.
how the dickens is it street legal??
i'll bet it turns heads!
sam
I happen to own a house in Northern AZ where you can pretty much road register anything that has wheels attached in a somewhat safe manner. :D
Ross had the car road registered in CO, so it is titled and a no brainer. Unfortunately it would be problematic to register the 11 in CA since it does not have a speedometer. I would need to add one of those at least temporarily showing at least 7500 miles to register it in CA. :wallbang:
In addition, Northern AZ has some great twisty roads which is what the 11 was made for. From Prescott to Sedona via Jerome..:shift:.the cops should hear me coming. No traffic lights either for the most part.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I know of another one for sale here in SoCal,
It's really nice, went to look at it last month

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HUGE +1, how did you manage to find one?
It was listed at the race-cars.com website, which I visit religiously every day ...as if I needed another race car!:wallbang:
I had been looking for an 11 Westie for quite some time. It had to be correct, RHD, single seat cockpit set-up, BRG and road registered. Looked at a few over the years, but most of them were LHD to start with. I even considered building one of the new kits, but I just didn't need another project.
So when I saw this one, I just wired the money.:rolleyes:

If you're looking for one, there's a yahoo forum for 11 Westfield owners and sometimes there's one on there for sale.:D

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Is it the one in your pic with your Elan?
No, the one in the picture is Westfield USA's press car.

The one I looked at was light green with yellow stripes and had a really spectacular interior. Was really tempted to buy it, but needed it like a hole in the head :wallbang:

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
I saw that car on one of the drives! Can't remember if I was alone and saw it on Decker, but I did see it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This makes me comeback time after time. Perfect, beautyful and stylish, such a piece of racing history that stays in daydeams and is affordable in my lifetime. I want one

1 - 20 of 21 Posts