The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Vroom vroom
507 Posts

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Google search is a lot more helpful that the LT search engine.

I typically will Google search whatever I am looking for and then put lotustalk.com at the end of it. But here is a link for you:

Replacing the Clutch on a Lotus Elise

Sorry Swic0008, didn't realize you posted the same one. :)

Also, should mention that if you want to do your 6th gear swap at the same time, this is a GREAT time to do it. Helps with gas mileage at actual freeway cruising speeds. I love my taller 6th gear!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not gonna spend that much time and energy to put a used OEM clutch in there...
The idea is to upgrade whenever possible!

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
It took me 29 hours back in 2010 to swap the tranny and clutch while I was in there, but I was relatively clueless. I could to it in half the time now. It is not easy but I was a total noob and did it by myself.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So are the pressure plate bolts re-useable? None came with the new kit. If not, what is the Toyota cross reference part number for them?

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
If you mean the clutch cover bolts, they are reusable. Torque to 19Nm.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Clutch doesn't take long, just a little arduous getting the shafts out. Some come easy, some don't. That was the longest part for me to be honest. Just don't get in a rush and plan for Zen beer breaks and all will go well.

Corvus

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tranny is out. Lots of stuff in the way, especially after adding on the REV400.

I'm not sure if the clutch cover you refer to is the same as the pressure plate. It's the round thing with spring fingers holding the friction disc, properly called a pressure plate.

·
Registered
580 Posts
What island are you on ? I lived in hilo for a while. Im getting married in kona at the end of july. If luck has you on big Island id like to stop by.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts