The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Addict
2007 Lotus Exige S
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have installed two pot calipers in on the rear of my car. Finally went out to bed brakes and grt a feel for the new setup. I had kept the stock rear caliper for a hand brake. It seems I didn’t adjust that well and one side was dragging a lot when when the brakes built some heat. I am not sure if I just go the route of a caliper designed to only be a hand brake, try to get the adjustment just righht or just scrap the ebrake. The car is mostly track use and I now have full floating rotors, not sure if that further complicates getting the adjustment right. Looking for thoughts from those that have done one of these methods and their thoughts. I am leaning towards removing the hand brake completely but not sure if that is a pain to live without.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I went with handbrake calipers from Elise-Parts, I could get them with mounts that fit their GT Ultimate rear uprights (the mounts are sized per the brake disc diameter). I think the same calipers and mounts would work with the stock uprights, but I’m not certain.

My Exige is mostly track-only as well, but I still find certain times when the handbrake is pretty convenient, like when I’m loading the car onto the trailer without a spotter and I need to jump in and out of the car to check if I’m lined up right. Could I live without a handbrake? Sure, but I’d miss it.

HTH, -Ed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts