The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive found i dont need the alarm on my 06 elise and would like to disconect it for convenience sake now but be able to reconnect it in future if change mind. any easy ways to do this?
thanks

·
Elise newb
342 Posts
I did this last Friday. Just set the immobilize per SirLotus' instructions and it will never bother you again.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
689 Posts
If you feel you don't need the alarm then don't set it with the fob, it won't set itself automatically. The alarm and the immobilizer are two distinct and seperate things. You can just lock the car with the key but the immobilizer will automatically set itself in around 45 seconds once you turn the car off. You can reset the immobilizer to not come on automatically by finding the post that SirLotus has posted. :UK: Just read up on these two things and follow the directions as he has posted. You can reset the immobilizer to come on later if you want to sell the car or whatever..

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
523 Posts
Yeah, I did the Sir Lotus immobilizer hack myself and it is great not to have to mess with the thing every time.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
I've actually been considering doing this myself...

quick question though.... is the immobilizer plug that needs to be jumped in the same location as the alarm components (behind the pass. dash panel)?? or is it behind the rear bulkhead by the motion sensor?
That plug is behind the rear bulkhead - it's not really behind the motion sensor, though, more like behind the driver's seat area.

I did take a look at the wiring last time I had my car apart but I haven't done this mod myself and can't vouch for it - now that I've got the alarm synced up with the immobilizer and adjusted the microwave sensor to low sensitivity, I actually like the alarm system and it's never gone off when I didn't want it to.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for help guys. I tried to follow sirlotus to reprogram it but i dont know what the pin # of remote is. Im second owner and cant get in touch w original owner. Any ideas how to get pin? Thanks

·
Registered
378 Posts
Imob.

Within a week of owning my Elise, the seats came out, rear panel out, and the Imb. wires jumped. I can enjoy it like a normal car; insert key, hit start, and go. No drama with fobs, alarms, etc. It made the car a much happier experience! I had spent HOURS trying to sync, or otherwise make the f**king thing go neutral, only to have it return as soon as the next ride. Sir Lotus was very helpful with my questions! Tom

·
Less is Better
2,793 Posts
I also have set the immobilizer to activate only with the alarm. MUCH better. It makes the immobilizer invisible. Unlocking the locked car deactivates immobilization too. If the car sits unlocked, there are no fob buttons to push to get it to start.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts