The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a Larini SC Sport exhaust on my car. I didn't want to go side exit because I saw one car with bubbling of the paint on the rear clam just above the tip.

Anyhow, I wanted to know if anyone with a center exit exhaust has eliminated the rear panel. If so, can I see a pic of what it looks like?

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
I'm confused. This is the SC Sport installed. What do you want to eliminate? The portion behind the license plate?

LariniSCInstall_4.jpg

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, i want to see how it looks with the black panels above the diffuser removed.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Mine is similar.

7.jpg

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Entire panel removed. Some do not prefer to see exposed heat shield on the left. License plate was relocated behind the driver's seat.

TemeculaWinery2005-04-23043chj.jpg

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
would it be unwise to remove the heat shielding on the left?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
come to think of it, i have a wire that comes out between the license plate lights for my rear view camera. i wonder if that would melt if the center panel is removed.

just thinking out loud.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Here's mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Remember you will be taking out the main, large heat shield to expose your exhaust. It is easy to reinstall the panel, so why not place some sacrificial wire down there and see what happens? I love experiments;)

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Remember you will be taking out the main, large heat shield to expose your exhaust. It is easy to reinstall the panel, so why not place some sacrificial wire down there and see what happens? I love experiments;)
I would but the camera is already installed. It is adhered to the license plate so I can't easily remove it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts