The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a high quality, large scale Elise model? I'd like to add one to my collection but haven't found any I like.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
The dealers have the Jada? models. I have one and also just got a few from Welly in the mail today from scale18.com but they are all sold out now or may be out of just the red ones. The jada one is heavier and has a removable roof.

The Welly one has a better looking grill and lights, and the rear suspension seems to have some type of springs. The Jadi is more authentic in the interior, and has better detailing of the engine compartment, and a better looking undercarraige and has a rear support so that the engine cover can be left open.

The Welly one has a little removable platform which is about an inch wider and longer than the car is that it comes on and also has a plaque on the front of it that says 2002 Lotus Elise 111s and it looks like it is made for an acyriclic cover to go over it. The Jada one just has a little piece of plastic that is screwed to the bottom so that it sit up higher in the display box.

I got the Type 49? from Jada (red with white on the botom) and a regular red one from Welly. The Welly color seems to be a brighter red even though both are classified as Ardent.

The Welly one cost about $20 and the Jadi was about $25 at exoticars.com plus postage, and the Lotus dealers are asking a little over $40 for the ones they have.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The interior is the same as UK / Australia spec 111r.

My little baby perched inside my big baby! (Don't worry, its not permanently in there like a bling bling car freshner ornament!)

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
KNow you've posted it before, but what color is your car, is that graphite?
Chris
Storm Titanium. Really nice in the flesh - has a touch of bronze to it. Think it is a really nice colour to highlight vents in the car without being to contrasting.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
adamant said:
I like the JADI model in CO :D
Do they actually sell one in CO?:clap:

If so, where can I get one?

If not, I'll get even with you for getting my hopes up...:no:

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
I've got a jadi in Lazer Blue and love it. Very detailed and the paint appears to be dead on with the actual color. I'd recommend it.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
GMorel1916 said:
Tim, they don't. Jadi has Lighning Yellow, Ardent Red, Black, Type 49, Type 25, Ice Blue, Lazer Blue, and Quartz.
:( :( :(

Tim Mullen

1 - 15 of 15 Posts