The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else catch Auto Motor & Sport TV? They had a brief review of the 111R. Nothing spectacular, just your typical AM&S artistic video footage and overview of the car.

I recorded it, and will try to get it online Tuesday night.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I saw it. Another storm titanium w/red interior like in the 111s vs. Opel comparison a while ago. This one looked better with the brighter wheels.

When I was in Germany late February, I picked up a copy of the Auto Motor und Sport magazine. It happens to have a 1 page review of the 111r (yellow). I can scan and post it if someone wants to see it, but it is in German.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Thanks for the post! If you have the time, could you recompress at something with about 4x+ the quality? I'll host it up on my site if you like.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Also, did you notice the fact that the car was quoted at 41,900 Euros! That's = $49,661.58.

Yes, I expect a price increase in the next 6 months unless the dollar really starts to recover.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
what was the air date of this show? PBS shows it and I missed this episode.
thanks!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Genjuro said:
Also, did you notice the fact that the car was quoted at 41,900 Euros! That's = $49,661.58.

Yes, I expect a price increase in the next 6 months unless the dollar really starts to recover.
That price includes German VAT and is similar to the UK price (with UK VAT). The price hasn't changed since its introduction.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Dan said:
That price includes German VAT and is similar to the UK price (with UK VAT). The price hasn't changed since its introduction.
So that's 17.5% (UKVAT) correct? That gives me a pre-VAT price of 35,680 in Euros, which still translates to: $42,385.

thoughts?

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Genjuro, I'll email you a link to a higher quality version (12.4MB). Thanks for offering to host it; I have to be a little conscious of my bandwith so usually post these lower quality versions. Can you please add a post to this thread when the video is available for download?

Shay2nak, the show aired last Sunday.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
There may not be a price increase, especially with oil closed over $40 a barrel today. High oil price means less consumer spendings. Even if there is a price increase, I guess it will probably be about 5% or $2000. And the counter-trend USD rally is stalling. The next few days will tell whether the USD will resume its downtrend.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
agent.5 said:
....especially with oil closed over $40 a barrel today. High oil price means less consumer spendings....
Thank god that the Elise will get 30+ MPG! :D

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
MattG said:
Genjuro, I'll email you a link to a higher quality version (12.4MB). Thanks for offering to host it; I have to be a little conscious of my bandwith so usually post these lower quality versions. Can you please add a post to this thread when the video is available for download?
Matt, I have tons of bw on 2 dedicated servers. Any Elise video is welcome to be hosted there.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
thanks, matt!

and genjuro for posting the high quality vid!

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks, Randy...I'll take you up on that offer in the future.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts