Sweet!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Gotta give props to the S2K....

·
Registered
496 Posts
ya he took down the Evasive S2000s on motons and fully tuned in the street class with his near stock elise on Toyo R1R's.
Hey AJ,

Do you know if both of the Evasive S2k's were running Moton's? I know Kelvin has been running them the past year and a half or so but wasn't sure if Rob also followed suit.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THe driver of the S2K also won the overall title at a previous Buttonwillow Time Attack in a Nissan Sylvia:
1st Place 1:48.766 Tyler McQuarrie Hankook/JIC Nissan S-15 April 28-29

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
If the S2Ks are on Motons, how are they not in Unlimited? IIRC, any remote reservoir damper automatically bumps you into the Unlimited category. Redline classing is pretty retarded though...

Congrats to Manley - he is indeed a great driver.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If the S2Ks are on Motons, how are they not in Unlimited? IIRC, any remote reservoir damper automatically bumps you into the Unlimited category. Redline classing is pretty retarded though...

Congrats to Manley - he is indeed a great driver.
Ya, the AWD "Street Class" winner was a STi with 2.6L Cosworth motor& head ($20k for the motor & head alone?) and biggie GT35R turbo. I dunno how that's fair...

·
Registered
519 Posts
Wow, that video has some impressive driving. Cant say Ive seen too many drives like that in an Elise on this site, especially from a guy wearing a t-shirt, :) .

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Woo hoo! Way to go Manly. Not sure if he posts here but he's "one of our own"
I know he's been a customer of mine, real nice guy. I believe he also did quite well in the first Lotus Challenge Series race.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Thanks guys. :p

Hey AJ,

Do you know if both of the Evasive S2k's were running Moton's? I know Kelvin has been running them the past year and a half or so but wasn't sure if Rob also followed suit.
Only the 3rd place black S2000 (Kel's) car was on Motons. Robert drove this car with motons in one of the practice session and ran a 2:00 flat. It also had full tread R1Rs. I think he could of dip under 2:00 with shaved R1Rs.
The blue Evasive S2000 that Robert drove finished 2nd place with were supposedly not as aggressively tuned, more stock like I think. So kudos to Robert for driving that thing so fast.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I don't mean to detract away from this feat, but I do have an observation.

From everything I hear, but smooth with driver inputs is one of the main keys to driving quickly. No offense, but Manly's driving appears anything but smooth.

Is this the real key to good driving or is his skill set an anomaly not to be emulated?

·
Registered
494 Posts
I think you're largely confusing steering wheel input with smoothness. Rather than focus on Manly's hands, focus on the hood of the car, and you'll find (other than in a couple of brief moments) that the car itself smoothly transitions from side to side, and doesn't slam down under braking, nor "pop up" as he gets off the brakes.

Steve

1 - 20 of 25 Posts